Improvement of Abstract Reasoning in Teaching Computer Science at Higher Education Level
Nowadays, abstract reasoning is a key competence in computer science. It strongly affects mathematical and programming ability and it needs to be improved. The improvement, at higher education level, is usually connected to some knowledge transfer where present tendencies and needs are introduced. In programming, worldwide trends are object orientation and component-based programming. In this paper, the authors introduce new features of a template class library which has already been applied successfully to teach object-oriented programming. The library requires abstract understanding of problems and helps teachers to show relevant programming techniques to the students.
KeywordsAbstract reasoning Object orientation Component-based Library Programming Teaching computer science
The project has been supported by the European Union, co-financed by the European Social Fund (EFOP-3.6.3-VEKOP-16-2017-00001).
- 3.Szyperski, C., Gruntz, D., Mure, S.: Component Software: Beyond Object-oriented Programming. ACM Press - Pearson Educational, London (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Blumenthal, D.B., Bougleux, S., Gamper, J., Brun, L.: GEDLIB: A C++ Library for graph edit distance computation. In: Conte, D., Ramel J.-Y., Foggia, P. (eds.) Graph-Based Representations in Pattern Recognition 2019. Springer International Publishing (2019)Google Scholar
- 6.Carpentier, J., Saurel, G., Buondonno, G., Mirabel, J., Lamiraux, F., Stasse, O., Mansard, N.: The Pinocchio C++ library: a fast and flexible implementation of rigid body dynamics algorithms and their analytical derivatives. In: 2019 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integration (SII), pp. 614–619. IEEE Press, New York (2019)Google Scholar
- 8.The template class library. https://people.inf.elte.hu/gt/oep/library.zip
- 11.Gamma, R., Helm, R., Johnson, R., Vlissides, J., Booch, G.: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Addison-Wesley Professional Boston (1994)Google Scholar