Study on Mineral Phase Composition and Viscosity of Hot Metal Pretreatment Desulfurization Slag Based on FactSage
In order to systematically study the mineral phase composition and viscosity change law of hot metal pretreatment desulfurization slag, this paper summarizes and analyzes the desulfurization slag composition produced by different desulfurization agents. Phase diagram simulation was carried out using FactSage software to observe the phase composition of the desulfurization slag. Then the viscosity of the desulfurization slag was calculated in the conventional ironmaking temperature range, and the viscosity was observed with temperature. This study can enrich the theory of desulfurization slag and provide data reference for iron and steel enterprises to deal with the problem of hot metal pretreatment desulfurization residue and slag.
KeywordsFactSage Desulfurization slag Mineral phase composition Viscosity
National Natural Science Foundation of China (NO. 51274084), Hebei Natural Science Foundation (E2018209323, E2017209231), and Project of North China University of Science and Technology GP201507.
- 1.Yi Z (2016) Analysis and control of sulfur return in the converter smelting process of Meisteel [A]. Steelmaking Branch of Chinese Society of Metals. Report and Abstracts of the 19th (2016) National Steelmaking Conference [C]. Steelmaking Branch: Chinese Society of Metals, p 2Google Scholar
- 2.Guo Z, Yi Z, Zuo K (2016) Analysis and control of factors affecting sulfur recovery in converter steel. Baosteel Meishan 4:17–21Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang W, Cong Y, Wang S (2005) Development of a slag agent for hot metal desulfurization. Shandong Metall 4(27):31Google Scholar
- 4.Chen Y, Wang Q, He S, Wang L (2010) Experiment on improving the aggregation effect of hot metal magnesium desulfurization and slag-removing agent. Steel Steel Vanadium Titanium 31(3):54–58Google Scholar
- 5.Peng J, Wu J, Yang X (2012) Analysis of the presence of sulfur in water desulfurization slag from Wutie Steel. World Build Mater 33(5):4–8Google Scholar
- 6.Wu M, Tang S, Wu Z, Zhong M (2006) Analysis and comparison of desulfurization effect of composite spray and single spray magnesium desulfurization [J]. Steel-Mak 3:1–3 + 38Google Scholar
- 8.Chen Y (2010) Study on characteristics of magnesium and magnesium desulphurization slag in Fujian Sangang Iron and Steel Co., Ltd. Chongqing UniversityGoogle Scholar