The Influence of the Information and Communication Technologies Regulation Policies in Sudan on Electronic Banking Usage
- 27 Downloads
Electronic banking, called E-banking hereafter, is an important application of the newly developed telecommunication technologies. Generally, E-banking has a tangible impact on facilitating easy financial operations for both individuals and organizations. Development of an efficient E-banking system requires integrated efforts by various partners within the banking and support systems. This research aimed to study the influence of telecommunication regulations on the development of E-banking. The importance of this study comes from its contribution on accelerating the development of banking applications using the information and communication technologies.
Several sources were used for data collection in order to identify the theoretical framework of E-banking and Sudanese experiences to navigate from traditional banking systems to ICT-based systems. The collected data has considered E-banking regulatory environments. The questionnaire and analytical approach have been used to investigate the influence of regulatory laws statements, guiding policies, infrastructure, and tariff systems in Sudanese banking sector. The sample has been selected randomly form Sudanese banks, namely Central Sudan Bank, Faisal Islamic Bank, National Telecommunications Corporate, MTN company and random E-banking users.
The results showed that e-banking in Sudan has improved at last decades but not the customer satisfactions levels, the telecommunication regulations have not directly influenced the development act at the Sudanese electronic banking. This can be attributed to the reasons that the Sudan Central bank works all layers of electronic banking. The study revealed the need for more reformations at the ICT sector polices to enhance the applications in banking sector by engaging the entire stakeholders, and the need to expand the telecom networks and use recent technologies to cover more areas. The flexibility in laws will elevate the public and professional awareness of the importance of the E-banking and encourage the internet marketing (e-commerce) and that by minimize United State of America sanctions on Sudan to use Internet at E.banking facilities.
KeywordsThe importance of modern banking technology systems Regulatory policies applied to sudanese banks Telecommunications infrastructure and the laws regulating
- 1.Roggenkamp (KlasRoggenkamp): Developing mobile government application form a user perspective. Institute of Electronic Business, Berlin (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Ministry of Finance Singapore: Mobile Government Service, Infocomm Development Authority Singapore (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Elfaig, A.A.: The economic impact of information and communication technologies in Soudan (1994–2002). Ph.D thesis, Sudan University, January 2006Google Scholar
- 4.Allee, V.: Value creation in the knowledge Economy, Brain Trust, San Francisco (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Kenneth, B., Everaard, K.E., Burrow, J.L.: Business Principles and Management. South-Western AustraliaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Ldiko pascg Dorina Rosca: University of Oradia Fascicle of Management and Technological Engineering Volume VII (XVII), USA (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Ismaial, M.: Egypt Electronic Commerce Limitation, Executive Summary Internet Society of Egypt, Chapter of the Internet SocietyGoogle Scholar
- 8.Bacchetta, M.: Patreick low an others, Electronic Commerce and the role WTO (WTO publication-Geneva Switzerland) (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Aouadi, S.: LA NOUVELLE ECONOMIE: ses frontières, domaines, caractéristiques et enjeux socio-économiques (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.The e-Learning Readiness Rankings, the Economist Inelegance Unit Limited Corporation (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Unated Nation-e.Government Survey (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.AICPA: Electronic Commerce (2001). www.aicpa.org