Numerical Study of a Non-isothermal Refrigerated Truck
- 30 Downloads
This work presents a numerical study of the heat transfer in a refrigerated truck. This study was conducted in COMSOL Multiphysics to simulate asymmetric turbulent flow using Unsteady Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes Equations. Therefore, we combine two phenomena, fluid dynamics and heat transfer, to analyze air velocity and temperature distribution in the truck.
KeywordsRefrigerated truck Cold Airflow distribution URANS Heat transfer COMSOL
The authors extend their acknowledgement to the research component of the German cooperation project GIZ/DKTI IV for supporting the development of this work.
- 1.Taher, M.B., Al Jamar, A., Akzoun, F., Ahachad, M., Mahdaoui, M.: Energy, environmental and economic study of different solar water heating systems in different moroccan climate zones. In: 2018 6th International Renewable and Sustainable Energy Conference (IRSEC), pp. 1–6. IEEE, December 2018Google Scholar
- 2.World Bank: Morocco - Trade logistics and competitiveness (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.United Nations: Agreement on the International Carriage of Perishable Foodstuffs and on the Special Equipment to be Used for such Carriage (ATP), 6 January 2018Google Scholar
- 4.Rodrigue, J.P., Notteboom, T.: The cold chain and its logistics (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Oury, A., Namy, P., Youbi-Idrissi, M.: Aero-thermal simulation of a refrigerated truck under open and closed door cycles. In: Proceedings of the 2015 COMSOL Conference (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Alptekin, E., Ezan, M.A., Kayansayan, N.: Flow and heat transfer characteristics of an empty refrigerated container. In: Progress in Exergy, Energy, and the Environment, pp. 641–652. Springer, Cham (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Tejada-Martínez, A.E.: Turbulence-resolving methodologies and turbulence modeling. Int. J. Comput. Fluid Dyn. 41 (2019)Google Scholar
- 11.Lacombe, F., Pelletier, D., Garon, A.: Compatible wall functions and adaptive remeshing for the k-omega SST model. In: AIAA Scitech Forum, p. 2329 (2019)Google Scholar