Multispectral Monitoring of Microclimate Conditions for Non-destructive Preservation of Cultural Heritage Assets
- 53 Downloads
Cultural Heritage assets are of great interest and value, as being an integral part of every civilization. Thus the conservation and protection of those assets remains an issue of particular interest. In the following approach, there are presented innovative low-cost methods sensing methods in order to measure the degree of decay and preserve the cultural heritage objects from deteriorating. New innovative actions will be applied, that can tune, configure and deliver “targeted” HSI and THz sensing interface addressing the particularities of Preventive Conservation actions, as defined from the interaction of the material with micro-climate conditions over time.
KeywordsCultural heritage Preventive conservation
This work is supported by the H2020 European Union funded Marie Curie Project TERPSICHORE “Transforming Intangible Folkloric Performing Arts into Tangible Choreographic Digital Objects,” under grant agreement 691218.
- 1.Doulamis AD, Varvarigou TA (2012) Image analysis for artistic style identification: a powerful tool for preserving Cultural Heritage. Emerging technologies in non-destructive testing V, 71Google Scholar
- 3.Doulamis A, Kioussi A, Karoglou M, Matsatsinis N, Moropoulou A (2012, October) Collective intelligence in cultural heritage protection. In: Euro-mediterranean conference. Springer, Berlin, pp 310–319Google Scholar
- 4.Michalski S (2004) Care and preservation of collections, running a museum: a practical handbook. ICOM, Paris, pp 51–90. Available from http://icom.museum/uploads/txhpoindexbdd/practicalhandbook.pdf. Accessed 6 August 2015
- 6.Tétreault J (2003) Airborne pollutants in museums, galleries, and archives: risk assessment, control strategies, & preservation management. Canadian Conservation Institute, OttawaGoogle Scholar
- 8.Del Pozo S, Rodríguez-Gonzálvez P et al. Multispectral imaging in cultural heritage conservation, ISPRS 26. International CIPA symposium 2017, Canada, OttawaGoogle Scholar
- 14.Doulamis A, Lambropoulos K, Kyriazis D, Moropoulou A (2018, October) Resilient eco-smart strategies and innovative technologies to protect cultural heritage. In: International conference on transdisciplinary multispectral modeling and cooperation for the preservation of cultural heritage. Springer, Cham, pp 376–384Google Scholar