Experimental Analysis of Tuberculosis Classification Based on Clinical Data Using Machine Learning Techniques
The early detection of tuberculosis plays a significant rule to reduce the death rate of tuberculosis. However, the early detection of tuberculosis nowadays has a limitation such as it needs long periods of time to acquire accurate diagnosis because it includes many clinical examinations. To overcome this problem a new diagnosis schema is needed. This study evaluates the common machine learning techniques including Logistic Regression, K-Nearest Neighbour, Naive Bayes, Support Vector Machine, Random Forest, Neural Network and Linear Discriminant Analysis to diagnose tuberculosis using classification methods based on clinical data. The results show that most of machine learning techniques that use in this study have a good performance in classifying tuberculosis based clinical data. Those machine learning techniques have achieved 0.97–0.99 in testing F1-Score.
KeywordsTuberculosis Machine learning Classification Early detection
This research has been fully funded by Internal Grant Research of Universitas YARSI.
- 1.Kementerian Kesehatan RI (2018) Hasil Utama RISKESDAS 2018, Jakarta, IndonesiaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Olatunji M, Williams O, John E (2017) A genetic-neuro-fuzzy inferential model for diagnosis of tuberculosis. Appl Comput Inf 13(1):27–37Google Scholar
- 6.Mithra KS, Emmanuel WRS (2018) GFNN : gaussian-fuzzy-neural network for diagnosis of tuberculosis using sputum smear microscopic images. J King Saud Univ—Comput Inf SciGoogle Scholar
- 7.Max A et al (2019) Classification and regression training, p 216Google Scholar
- 8.Fern M, Cernadas E (2014) Do we need hundreds of classifiers to solve real world classification problems ? 15:3133–3181Google Scholar