The conclusion reviews key themes of the book and looks to future directions for research on lesbians and the criminal law.
- BBC News. 2018. Anne Lister: Plaque to ‘First Modern Lesbian’ Sparks Anger, August 3.Google Scholar
- ———. 2019. Anne Lister: Reworded York Plaque for ‘First Lesbian’, February 28.Google Scholar
- Churches Conservation Trust. 2018. UK’s First ‘Rainbow Plaque’ Unveiled at Holy Trinity Goodramgate in York. https://www.visitchurches.org.uk/what-we-do/news/uk-s-first-rainbow-plaque-to-be-unveiled-at-holy-trinity-goodramgate-in-york.html.
- Iqbal, Nosheen. 2019. Birmingham School Row: ‘This Is Made Out to Be Just Muslims v Gays. It’s Not.’ Observer, September 21.Google Scholar
- Love, Heather. 2007. Feeling Backward: Loss and the Politics of Queer History. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- NatCen Social Research. 2019. British Social Attitudes 36. London.Google Scholar
- PA Media. 2019. Homophobic Hate Crime Reports Soar But Charges Fall. Guardian, September 11.Google Scholar
- Powell, Alex. 2019. Interviews with Asylum Seekers Reveal Why the Home Office Rejects So Many LGBT Claims. The Conversation. http://theconversation.com/interviews-with-asylum-seekers-reveal-why-the-home-office-rejects-so-many-lgbt-claims-122905.
- Wainwright, Sally, and Sarah Harding. 2019. Gentleman Jack. UK: BBCGoogle Scholar
© The Author(s) 2020