The Analysis of the Computation Offloading Scheme with Two-Parameter Offloading Criterion in Fog Computing
Fog computing provides an efficient solution for mobile computing offloading, keeping tight constraints on the response time for real-time applications. The paper takes into account the variation of tasks by introducing the joint distribution function of the required processing volume and data size to be transmitted. We propose an offloading criterion based on processing and data volumes of tasks and develop an analytical framework for the evaluation of the average response time and average energy consumption of mobile devices. The developed framework is used in the case study.
KeywordsFog computing Computing offloading Response time Energy efficiency
- 2.Puliafito, C., Mingozzi, E., Anastasi, G.: Fog computing for the internet of mobile things: issues and challenges. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP), pp. 1–6. IEEE, Hong Kong (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Chang, Z., Zhou, Z., Ristaniemi, T., Niu, Z.: Energy efficient optimization for computation offloading in fog computing system. In: GLOBECOM 2017–2017 IEEE Global Communications Conference, pp. 1–6. IEEE, Singapore (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Rahbari, D., Nickray, M.: Task offloading in mobile fog computing by classification and regression tree. Peer-to-Peer Netw. Appl. (2019, in print)Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang, Y., Chen, Y., Yang, S., Wu, C.: Energy-efficient task offloading for time-sensitive applications in fog computing. IEEE Syst. J. (2019, in print)Google Scholar
- 8.Sopin, E., Daraseliya, A., Correia, M.: Performance analysis of the offloading scheme in a fog computing system. In: 10th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), pp. 1–5. IEEE, Moscow (2018)Google Scholar