Multiobjective Double Bundle Method for DC Optimization
- 106 Downloads
We discuss about the multiobjective double bundle method for nonsmooth multiobjective optimization where objective and constraint functions are presented as a difference of two convex (DC) functions. By utilizing a special technique called the improvement function, we are able to handle several objectives and constraints simultaneously. The method improves every objective at each iteration and the improvement function preserves the DC property of the objectives and constraints. Once the improvement function is formed, we can approximate it by using a special cutting plane model capturing the convex and concave behaviour of a DC function. We solve the problem with a modified version of the single-objective double bundle method using the cutting plane model as an objective. The multiobjective double bundle method is proved to be finitely convergent to a weakly Pareto stationary solution under mild assumptions. Moreover, the applicability of the method is considered.
This work was financially supported by the University of Turku and the Academy of Finland (Project No. 294002).
- 9.Gadhi, N., Metrane, A.: Sufficient optimality condition for vector optimization problems under D.C. data. J. Global Optim. 28(1), 55–66 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Hiriart-Urruty, J-.B.: Generalized differentiability, duality and optimization for problems dealing with differences of convex functions. In: Ponstein, J. (ed.) Convexity and Duality in Optimization, vol. 256, pp. 37–70. Springer, Berlin (1985)Google Scholar
- 17.Ji, Y., Qu, S.: Proximal point algorithms for vector DC programming with applications to probabilistic lot sizing with service levels. Discret. Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2017, 5675183 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/5675183
- 23.Le Thi, H.A., Pham Dinh, T.: Solving a class of linearly constrained indefinite quadratic problems by D.C. algorithms. J. Global Optim. 11(3), 253–285 (1997)Google Scholar
- 27.Mäkelä, M.M., Karmitsa, N., Wilppu, O.: Proximal bundle method for nonsmooth and nonconvex multiobjective optimization. In: Tuovinen, T., Repin, S., Neittaanmäki, P. (eds.) Mathematical Modeling and Optimization of Complex Structures. Computational Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 40, pp. 191–204. Springer, Berlin (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 36.Rangaiah, G.P.: Multi-Objective Optimization: Techniques and Applications in Chemical Engineering. Advances in Process Systems Engineering. World Scientific, Singapore (2009)Google Scholar
- 41.Wang, S.: Algorithms for Multiobjective and Nonsmooth Optimization. In: Kleinschmidt, P., Radermacher, F.J., Sweitzer, W., Wildermann, H. (eds.) Methods of Operations Research, 58, pp. 131–142. Athenaum Verlag, Frankfurt (1989)Google Scholar