Synthesis of Low Sidelobe Radiation Patterns from Embedded Dipole Arrays Using Genetic Algorithm
The main aim of this paper is to generate low sidelobe radiation patterns from array of horizontal dipole arrays embedded in different dielectric of different slab thickness using evolutionary algorithm Genetic Algorithm (GA) to make them suitable for high resolution radars, point to point communication and low EMI applications. Array element amplitude excitations are optimized using GA for horizontal dipole arrays embedded in alumina dielectric material with and without ground plane is considered.
KeywordsEmbedded dipole arrays Genetic Algorithm High resolution radars
This work (Major project) was funded by Science and Engineering Research Broad, the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, Sanction No. EEQ/2016/000396 and Order No. SERB/F/8020/2017-18.
- 1.Raju, G.S.N.: Antenna and Wave Propagation, 4th edn. Pearson Education, Singapore (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Ma, M.T.: Theory and Applications of Antenna Arrays. Wiley, New York (1974)Google Scholar
- 3.Lavery, G.: Effect of antenna peak sidelobe levels on L-bandspace based GTMI radar performance. In: IEEE AerospaceConference 2005, pp. 2162–2169, pp. 5–12, March 2005Google Scholar
- 9.Ishimaru, A., Chen, Y.S.: Thinning and broad banding antennaarrays by unequal spacing. IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. 13(1), 34–41 (1965)Google Scholar
- 11.Anjaneyulu, G., Varma, T.A.N.S.N., Siddartha Varma, J.: Radiation patterns generation of horizontal dipole array embedded in different dielectric slabs. In: IEEE Conference on Electronics, Communication and Aerospace Technology (ICECA), Coimbatore, 29–31 March 2018Google Scholar
- 12.Anjaneyulu, G., Raju, G.S.N.: The far-field patternanalysis of vertical and horizontal dipole embedded in a dielectric slab. IJEST 6(8), 489 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Anjaneyulu, G., Raju, G.S.N.: Analysis of the far fieldpattern of ungrounded dipole in different dielectric slabs. IOSR_JECE 9(6), Ver.I, 49–58 (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.Anjaneyulu, G., Raju, G.S.N.: Generation of radiationpatterns from array of vertical dipoles embedded in differentdielectric slabs. IJECT 6(1), 410–412 (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.Varma, T.A.N.S.N., Anjaneyulu, G.: Design of uniform linear practical antenna arrays for ultralow side lobe sum patterns. In: Springer International Conference on Optical and Wireless Technologies (OWT 2018), Jaipur, 10–11 February 2018Google Scholar