Line of Sight (LOS) Stabilization Using Disturbance Observer (DOB)
The Line Of Sight (LOS) electro-optical sighting system based on gyroscopic stabilized gimbal staging is difficult to control because of the non-linearities, friction, disturbances and many other unknown parameters associated with the outside environment. Disturbance Observer (DOB) provides an estimate of the disturbance, which is used to perform disturbance compensation by using negative feedback. To meet advanced LOS disturbance rejection requirement, in this work, compensator and PI controller with DOB are designed for an electromechanical gimbal. The system modelling and control design are carried out in MATLAB/Simulink. Simulation results show the performance enhancement of control structure with DOB in the presence of disturbance and measurement noise. The work focuses on command following, disturbance-rejection specifications as well as robustness of the system to be met.
KeywordsLine of Sight Stabilization Disturbance observer PI Gimbal Robustness
- 1.Singh, S., Marathe, R.: SMC based LOS stabilization of electro-optical sighting system. In: 1st IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems (ICPEICES) (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Ansari, Z.A., Nigam, M., Kumar, A.: Quick reaction target acquisition and tracking system. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Vision and Image Processing, CVIP 2016, vol. 2. Springer, Roorkee (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Habashi, A.G., Ashry, M.M., Mabrouk, M.H., Elnashar, G.A.: Controller deign for line of sight stabilization system. Int. J. Eng. Res. Technol. (IJERT) 4(11), 650–658 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Ansari, Z.A., Nigam, M.J., Kumar, A.: Improved scheme for quick positioning of dual gimbal sight. In: Third International Conference on Advances in Control & Optimization of Dynamical Systems (ACODS 2018), IFAC-PapersOnLine, Hyderabad, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 686–690 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou, P., Dai, W., Chai, T.Y.: Multivariable disturbance observer based advanced feedback control design and its application to a grinding circuit. IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technology 22, 1474–1485 (2013)Google Scholar