Database Watermarking Algorithm Based on Difference Expansion
Database watermarking technology is an important means to protect database information security. Firstly, the key components of the database are divided into several sub-groups by using the key hash function. Then, the size of the Pearson correlation coefficient is used in the sub-group to be selected the attribute column to be embedded in the watermark, and then the threshold is set by the differential expansion algorithm to determine the final embedded watermark. The pair of attributes, embedding in the virtual watermark repeatedly in the position that satisfies the condition. By setting the threshold, the embedding amount of the watermark is reduced, and the robustness of the watermark is improved. The loss of the original data of the database is guaranteed, and the watermark and the watermark extraction rate are better when attacked. When the attack ratio is low, the data recovery effect is better.
KeywordsDatabase watermark Correlation coefficient Hash function Difference expansion algorithm
This research project was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61262090).
- 3.Zhang, M.: Current status and prospects of database security research. Proc. Chin. Acad. Sci. 26(3), 303–309 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Feng, D.G., Zhang, M., Li, W.: Big data security and privacy protection. Chin. J. Comput. 37(1), 246–258 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Mehta, B.B., Aswar, H.D.: Watermarking for security in database: a review. In: IT in Business, Industry and Government, Indore, India, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, Y., Yang, B., Niu, X.M.: Reversible watermarking for relational database authentication. J. Comput. 17(2), 59–66 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, X., Huang, M., Peng, Z.: An additive-attack-proof watermarking mechanism for databases copyrights protection using image. In: Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2007), pp. 254–258 (2007)Google Scholar