Smart, Smarter, and Smartest City: The Method to Comparison of Cities
- 10 Downloads
The paper describes the use of DEA method for comparing cities with each other. The DEA description includes an illustrative example showing the differences between VRS, CRS, and FDH models. The paper also describes the software application that is developed for the purpose to compare the efficiency of municipalities.
KeywordsSmart city DEA Data envelopment analysis Comparison of smart cities
This work is done within the project “Application of nonparametric methods (DEA) to analyze and to compare the efficiency of municipalities” that is supported by TAČR (Technology Agency of the Czech Republic), program Eta (project code TL01000463).
- 1.Definition – What does Smart City mean? [Online]. Available: https://www.techopedia.com/definition/31494/smart-city [2019/02/25].
- 2.Přibyl P., & Přibyl O. (2015). Definition of a smart street as smart city’s building element. Smart cities symposium Prague 2015, ISBN: 978-1-4673-6727-1, 10.1109/SCSP.2015.7181575.Google Scholar
- 6.Jablonský, J., & Dlouhý, M. (2004). Modely hodnocení efektivnosti produkčních jednotek. Praha: Professional Publishing.Google Scholar
- 7.Deprins, D., Simar, L., & Tulkens, H. (1984). Measuring labor inefficiency in post offices. In M.Marchand & e.a (Eds.), The performance of public enterprises: concepts and measurement (pp. 243–267). Amsterdam: Elsevier.Google Scholar
- 8.Package dear [Online]. Available: https://www.uv.es/vcoll/deaR.html. [2019/02/25].