Autonomous Vehicle Communication in V2X Network with LoRa Protocol
The weakness of short-range wireless signal and security issues will make a bad effect on the communication in Vehicle-to-Vehicle or Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2X). In this study, we proposed a system, based on Long Range (LoRa) protocol and Long Range Wide-Area Network (LoRaWAN), to reduce the latency of communication and minimize the data size in V2X networks. Through the experiment, it shows that the proposed system can enhance the overall performance and reduce the latency in V2X networks. Moreover, the security of transmitting data is increased.
KeywordsV2X LoRa LoRaWAN Security Latency Communication Autonomous vehicle
This work is supported in by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61728303) and the Open Research Project of the State Key Laboratory of Industrial Control Technology, Zhejiang University, China (No. ICT1800417).
- 1.Qiu, H., Noura, H., Qiu, M., Ming, Z., Memmi, G.: A user-centric data protection method for cloud storage based on invertible DWT. IEEE Trans. Cloud Comput. (2019)Google Scholar
- 2.Haidar, F., Kaiser, A., Lonc, B.: On the performance evaluation of vehicular PKI protocol for V2X communications security. In: Proceeding of IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall) (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Petit, J., Shladover, S.: Potential cyber attacks on automated vehicles. IEEE Trans. Intell. Transp. Syst. 16(2), 546–556 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Lv, Y., Duan, Y., Kang, W., Li, Z., Wangi, F.: Traffic flow prediction with big data: a deep learning approach. IEEE Trans. Intell. Transp. Syst. 16(2), 865–873 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Kontzer, T.: Driving Change: Volvo’s “Drive Me” Project to Make Self-Driving Cars Synonymous with Safety (2016). https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/04/06/volvo-safety-self-driving/
- 9.Atallah, R., Khabbaz, M., Assi, C.: Vehicular networking: a survey on spectrum access technologies and persisting challenges. Veh. Commun. 2(3), 125–149 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Pacheco, J., Hariri, S.: IoT security framework for smart cyber infrastructures. In: IEEE International Workshops on Foundations and Applications of Self* Systems, pp. 242–247. IEEE, September 2016Google Scholar
- 18.Sornin, N., Luis, M., Eirich, T., Kramp, T., Hersent, O.: LoRaWAN Specification, pp. 1–82, January 2015Google Scholar
- 19.“LoRaWAN Network Server Demonstration: Gateway to Server Interface Definition,” Semtech, Application note, pp. 1–19, July 2015Google Scholar