Technical Evaluation and Impact Analysis of Libra
Since the emergence of the concept of blockchain, it has always attracted the attention of the society and many enterprises. Some international giants have developed their own blockchain platforms to seize the market. Libra published by Facebook serves as a global simple borderless currency and financial infrastructure for billions of people. Viewed from the overall system, Libra is a blockchain platform oriented to finance, but its completion still needs to be improved. In this paper, we analyze the technical characteristics, verify its function and performance by actual technical test and evaluation results, and describe global impact of Libra.
KeywordsLibra Technical core characteristics Test and evaluation Impact
This paper’s relevant project is supported by National Key R&D Program of China (2017YFB1400704/2017YFB1400705). In addition, this work is supported by Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant No. 11871004, Fundamental Research of Civil Aircraft Grant No. MJ-F-2012-04.
- 1.Blockchain White Paper. Trusted Blockchain Initiatives. http://www.trustedblockchain.cn/schedule/detail/2990
- 2.Li, K., Li, H., Hou, H., Li, K., Chen, Y.: Proof of vote: a high-performance consensus protocol based on vote mechanism & consortium blockchain. In: 19th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications; 15th IEEE International Conference on Smart City; 3rd IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Systems, Bangkok, pp. 466–473. IEEE Press (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Libra White Paper. Libra Association Members. https://libra.org/en-US/white-paper/
- 6.Miguel, C., Barbara, L.: A correctness proof for a practical Byzantine-fault-tolerant replication algorithm. Technical Memo MIT/LCS/TM-590, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Lolisa: Formal syntax and semantics for a subset of the solidity programming language. http://arxiv.org/abs/1803.09885
- 8.Trusted Blockchain Evaluation Specification and Standard: Function Evaluation Method. Trusted Blockchain Initiatives. http://www.trustedblockchain.cn/schedule/detail/2993
- 9.Trusted Blockchain Evaluation Specification and Standard: Benchmark Performance Evaluation Method. Trusted Blockchain Initiatives. http://www.trustedblockchain.cn/schedule/detail/2994
- 10.Baseline D3.3-Assessment criteria for DLT platforms. https://www.itu.int
- 11.Yang, F., Dou, K., Chen, S., Hou, M., Kang, J., Cho, S.: Optimizing NoSQL DB on flash: a case study of RocksDB. In: 12th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing and 12th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic and Trusted Computing and 15th IEEE International Conference on Scalable Computing and Communications and Its Associated Workshops (UIC-ATC-ScalCom), Beijing, pp. 1062–1069. IEEE Press (2015)Google Scholar