Internet of Things Based Electronic Voting Machine
With the advancement in technology, the Internet has become an essential part of our lives. The concept of IoT has caught the attention of industry, society, and academy by enhancing our day to day activities. In this work, the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) using IoT is presented. As the process of election demands to be fair and transparent, the fingerprint-based EVM can be one of the alternatives. The work focusses on the concept of an online electoral system for election, where the voting information is shared instantly, and mechanism had been put in place to detect a proxy vote. A hardware prototype is developed and to evaluate the performance of the proposed system, field trials were conducted.
KeywordsElectronic Voting Machine Fingerprint sensor Twitter IoT
The author/s thankfully acknowledge(s) the support provided by TEQIP-III, NIT Mizoram for carrying out this work. And Sukanta Dey, Research Scholar, Dept. of CSE, IIT Guwahati for his valuable suggestion in preparing manuscript.
- 1.Ashton, K.: That ‘Internet of Things’ thing. RFID J. 22(7), 97–114 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Sundmaeker, H., Guillemin, P., Friess, P., Woelfflé, S.: Vision and challenges for realising the ınternet of things. Clust. Eur. Res. Proj. Internet Things Eur. Commision 3(3), 34–36 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Wolchok, S., Wustrow, E., Halderman, J.A., Prasad, H.K., Kankipati, A., Sakhamuri, S.K., Yagati, V., Gonggrijp, R.: Security analysis of India’s electronic voting machines. In: Proceedings of the 17th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 4 Oct 2010, pp. 1–14. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Sen, A., Sen, M., Ambekar, A.: Improved electronic voting machine with real time data analysis. Commun. Appl. Electron. (CAE) 6(1) (2016). Foundation of Computer Science FCS, New York, USA. ISSN: 2394-4714Google Scholar
- 6.Vamsikrishna, P., Kumar, S.D., Bommisetty, D., Tyagi, A.: Raspberry pi voting system, a reliable technology for transparency in democracy. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Advances in Electronics, Communication and Computer Technology (ICAECCT), pp. 443–449. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Akhare, A., Gadale, M., Raskar, R., Jaykar, B., Phalke, D., Tiwari, D.: Secure mobile based e-voting system. Int. J. Recent Innov. Trends Comput. Commun. 4(4), 148–150 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Obulesu, I., Hari, A., Manish, P.N.: Prreethi: Iot based fingerprint voting system. Acad. Sci. Int. J. Innov. Adv. Comput. Sci. 7(4), 502–505 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Sudhakar, M., Sai, B.D.S.: Biometric system based electronic voting machine using arm9 microcontroller. IOSR J. Electron. Commun. Eng. 10(1), 57–65 (2015)Google Scholar