Design and Development of an Internet of Things Based Test and Measuring Instrument
As number of sensors and instruments are increasing exponentially, huge amount of data is generated. This data must be analysed efficiently. Thus, applications to visualize and analyse the data is required. IOT involves devices being embedded with software and sensors to internet, further enabling to collect and exchange data without human interaction.
Designing and developing an Internet of Things based test and measuring instrument is required for better analyzing and measuring data. Data is accessed at real-time using ThingSpeak Cloud and the web application is developed in MEAN stack. Data is gathered from devices example sensors/instruments which are connected to a microcontroller, NodeMCU ESP 8266 to further send data to cloud.
Generated data is stored locally and in cloud, it can be further analyzed and is useful for many industrial applications. Major areas are home automation, electrical appliances, testing of handheld instrument and many more.
KeywordsInternet of things ThingSpeak NodeMCU MEAN stack
- 1.Kannusamy, R., Nandakumar, P.: A novel method used to measure the biological parameters via light-fidelity and IoT. Int. J. Eng. Technol. (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Zafar, S.: An IoT based real-time environmental monitoring system using arduino and cloud service. ETASR 8(4), 3238–3242 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Miron-Alexe, V.: IOT power consumption monitoring system for off grid households (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Ganguly, P.: Selecting the right IoT cloud platform. In: International Conference on Internet of Things and Applications (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Emeakaroha, V.C., Cafferkey, N., Healy, P., Morrison, J.P.: A cloud-based IoT data gathering and processing platform. In: International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Maureira, M.A.G., Oldenhof, D., Teernstra, L.: ThingSpeak – an API and web service for the Internet of Things. Semantics Scholar (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Kiran, B.M., Madhusudhan, C., Farhan, M.M., Manzoor, M.B., Kariyappa, B.S.: Testing and validation of UART using cloud based GUI. In: IEEE International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics Information & Communication Technology, May 2017Google Scholar
- 11.Sandrić, B., Jurčević, M.: Metrology and Quality Assurance in Internet of Things, May 2018Google Scholar
- 12.Jang, R., Soh, W.: Design and implementation of data-report service for IoT data analysis. In: CMFE-2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Kodali, R.K., Sahu, A.: An IoT based weather information prototype using WeMos. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar