Statistical Analysis for RAMAN Amplifier for 16 × 10 Gbps DWDM Transmission Systems Having Pre-compensating Fiber
Optical communication system have undoubtedly revolutionized the satellite communication system. Such networks have become popular not just because of the higher data rate performances but also because of the higher bandwidth allotment and comparatively less attenuation over the long-haul channels. In the proposed optical research the DWDM network with 16-channels is designed for communicating using the Raman Amplifier (RA). The amplifier was studied with a Compensation technique for a 84 km fiber link. The performance evaluated was studied on the basis of bit error rate (BER), Eye-opening, Q-factor (Quality factor).
KeywordsRaman Amplifier Dense wavelength division multiplexing Eye-diagram BER Dispersion compensation fiber
- 1.Parkash, S., Sharma, A., Singh, H., Singh, H.P.: Performance investigation of 40 Gb/s DWDM over free space optical communication system using RZ modulation format. Adv. Opt. Technol. 2016, Article ID 4217302, 8 p. (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Bobrovs, V., Olonkins, S., Alsevska, A., Gegere, L., Ivanovs, G.: Comparative performance of Raman-SOA and Raman-EDFA hybrid optical amplifiers in DWDM transmission systems. Int. J. Phys. Sci. 8(39), 1898–1906 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Agrawal, G.P.: Fiber-Optic Communication Systems, 3rd edn, p. 576. Wiley, New York. ISBN-13 9780471215714Google Scholar
- 8.Islam, M.N.: Raman Amplifiers for Telecommunications 2: Sub-Systems and Systems, p. 432. Springer, New York (2004). ISBN-13: 9780387406565Google Scholar
- 9.Mustafa, F.M., Khalaf, A.A.M., Elgeldawy, F.A.: Multi-pumped Raman amplifier for long-haul UW-WDM optical communication systems: gain flatness and bandwidth enhancements. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, Pyeong Chang, 27–30 January 2013, pp. 122–127 (2013)Google Scholar