Real Time Health Monitoring System Using IoT
Timely health monitoring is essential to diagnose severe health condition at an early stage. With the recent technological advancements, we can obtain the recommendations of doctor fro anyplace and at anytime. This is all possible with a wearable and remote monitoring system. In this paper we are implementing data acquisition system using Arduino Uno & RPi. Various health parameters like temperature, pulse and ECG, can be monitored. The acquired data is pre-processed and send to server i.e. IoT cloud platform Thinspeak. The main aim of this research work is to develop a remote health monitor system, which can reduce the expenses made on frequent hospital visits.
KeywordsIoT Thingspeak ECG Heart rate RPi
This project is funded by the alumni of Instrumentation & Control department at Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune.
- 1.Khan, S.F.: Health care monitoring system in ınternet of things (loT) by using RFID. In: 2017 the 6th International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management. IEEE (2017). 978-1-5090-5330-8/17/$31.00 ©2017Google Scholar
- 2.Chandrasekhar, T., Chakravarthi, J.S.: Wireless health monitoring system using ZigBee. Int. J. Web Technol. 02(01) (2013). ISSN 2278-2389Google Scholar
- 4.Singh, D., Tiwary, U.S., Lee, H.J., Chung, W.Y.: Global healthcare monitoring system using 6lowpan networks. In: ICACT 2009, 15–18 February 2009. ISBN 978-89-5519-139-4Google Scholar
- 5.Krishnan, D.S.R., Gupta, S.C., Choudhury, T.: An IoT based patient health monitoring system. In: 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communication Engineering (ICACCE-2018), Paris, France, 22–23 June 2018Google Scholar
- 8.Raj, C., Jain, C., Arif, W., HEMAN: health monitoring and nous: an IoT based e-health care system for remote telemedicine. In: IEEE WiSPNET 2017 Conference (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Banka, S., Madan, I., Saranya, S.S.: Smart healthcare monitoring using IoT. Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res. 13(15), 11984–11989 (2018). ISSN 0973-4562Google Scholar
- 10.Saranya, M., Preethi, R., Rupasri, M., Veena, S.: A survey on health monitoring system by using IOT. Int. J. Res. Appl. Sci. Eng. Technol. (IJRASET). ISSN: 2321-9653. IC Value: 45.98; SJ Impact Factor: 6.887Google Scholar
- 11.Senthamilarasi, C., Jansi Rani, J., Vidhya, B., Aritha, H.: A smart patient health monitoring system using IoT. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics 119(6), 59–70 (2018). ISSN 1314-3395 (on-line version)Google Scholar