Modeling of Lightning Flashes in Thunderstorm Front by Constructive Production of Fractal Time Series
Using the tools of structural-synthesizing modeling, a set of constructors was developed. Implementing parametric multi-character constructors allows to form fractal sequences of characters. Constructor-converter from the character string to time series creates fractal time series, which determine the location, magnitude and decay rate of lightning discharges. Model video images of lightnings in the thunderstorm front are formed in accordance with the implementation of the constructor-assembler. All constructors are developed on the basis of the generalized constructor that was previously presented and repeatedly tested. The model adequacy of the model is confirmed by comparing the video image of the model with the image, what was obtained by NASA satellite. This approach can be the basis for solving the dynamic problems on lightning protection of engineering constructions and civil objects, and development of strategy of aircraft behavior in order to mitigate the risks of lightning strokes in the conditions of movement in the thunderstorm front.
KeywordsL-system Constrictive-synthesizing modeling Fractal Lightning activity Lightning flash Thunderstorm front Time series
- 5.Yair, Y., Lynn, B., Price, C., Kotroni, V., Lagouvardos, K., Morin, E., Mugnai, A., Llasat, M.d.C.: Predicting the potential for lightning activity in Mediterranean storms based on the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model dynamic and microphysical fields. J. Geophys. Res. 115 (2010). D04205. https://doi.org/10.1029/2008JD010868
- 9.Ahrens, M.: Lightning fires and lightning strikes. In: National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, 31 p. (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.First Images from GOES-16 Lightning Mapper. https://www.americaspace.com/2017/03/07/goes-16-satellite-returns-first-lightning-mapping-images-like-never-seen-before/. Accessed 11 July 2018
- 17.Regional and Mesoscale Meteorology Branch. http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=loop_of_the_day/goes-16/20190116000000&number_of_images_to_display=120&loop_speed_ms=100. Accessed 11 July 2018
- 18.Regional and Mesoscale Meteorology Branch. http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=loop_of_the_day/goes-16/20180815000000&number_of_images_to_display=100&loop_speed_ms=150. Accessed 11 July 2018