Users Intention Based on Twitter Features Using Text Analytics
Online Social networks are widely used in current times. In this paper, we investigate twitter posts to identify features that feed in intention mining calculation. The posts features are divided into three sets: tweets textual features, users features, and network contextual features. In this paper, our focus is on tweets analysing textual features. As a result of this paper, we were able to create intentions profiles for 2960 users based on textual features. The prediction accuracy of three classifiers was compared for the data set, using ten intention categories to test the features. The best accuracy was achieved for SVM classifier. In the future, we plan to include user and network contextual features aiming at improving the prediction accuracy.
KeywordsIntention mining Online Social Network Feature selection Machine learning
- 3.Chen, Z., Liu, B., Hsu, M., Castellanos, M., Ghosh, R.: Identifying intention posts in discussion forums. In: Proceedings of the 2013 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies, June 2013, pp. 1041–1050 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Ding, X., Liu, T., Duan, J., Nie, J.Y.: Mining user consumption intention from social media using domain adaptive convolutional neural network. In: Proceedings of the 29th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2015), pp. 2389–2395 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Indola, R.P., Ebecken, N.F.F.: On extending F-measure and G-mean metrics to multi-class problems. WIT Trans. Inf. Commun. Technol. 35, 25–34 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, Z.M., Jeong, Y.S., Hyeon, J., Oh, H., Choi, H.J.: Classifying travel-related intents in textual data. Int. J. Comput. Commun. Instrum. Eng. 3(1), 96–101 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Purohit, H., Dong, G., Shalin, V., Thirunarayan, K., Sheth, A.: Intent classification of short-text on social media. In: IEEE International Conference on Smart City/SocialCom/SustainCom (SmartCity), pp. 222–228 (2015)Google Scholar