The Influence of Communication on the Success Design of High-Rise Residential Building on Surabaya
The success of a construction project depends on the successful design. The approach in building design considers to create more sustainable designs. However, designers face several factors that reduce the success rate of the design, that are the design model and the method used. One of the ways to manage this problem is combining all information and systems for the best design. This study analyzes the influence of communication among stakeholder in design process, to the successful design of building design. Data was collected by distributing questionnaires to 37 respondents from design consultants in Surabaya who involved in several building design. Furthermore, a correlation analysis is conducted to analyze the effect of communication on a successful design. The result is verified by interview. The results of the analysis found that communication does not significantly affect to the successful design. The findings of this study are expected to give more benefits to design actors, so the successful design will be increased.
KeywordsCommunication Project Successful design
The activity presented in the paper is part of the research grant and fellow ship from “Direktorat Riset dan Pengabdian Masyarakat, Direktorat Jenderal Penguatan Riset dan Pengembangan, Kementrian Riset Dikti, 2019”.
- 3.Cangara H (2016) Komunikasi Politik: Konsep, Teori dan Strategi. Rajawali PersGoogle Scholar
- 11.Fraczkowski K, Gladysz B, Mazur H, Pralat E (2019) Behavioral aspects of communication in the management process of IT projects. In: 39th international conference on information systems architecture and technology, Nysa, Poland, 16–18 SeptGoogle Scholar
- 13.Hartman A, Hietbrink M (2012) An explorative Study on the Relationship Between Stakeholder Expectation, Experience and Satisfaction in Road Maintenance. Proceedings of engineering project organizations conference.Google Scholar
- 20.Olanrewaju A, Tan SY, Kwan LF (2017) Roles of communication on performance of the construction sector. Proc Creative Constr Conf 2017(196):763–770Google Scholar
- 21.Olaniran HF (2015) On the role of communication in construction project in Nigeria. Int J Sci Technol Res 4:129–131Google Scholar
- 24.Rahman IA, Gamil Y (2018) Identification of causes and effects of poor communication in construction industry: a theoretical review. Emerg Sci J 1:239–247Google Scholar
- 25.Rahmawati Y, Utomo C, Zawawi NAWA (2019) BIM and E-Negotiation Practices in AEC Consulting Businesses. Sustainability 11, 1911Google Scholar
- 26.Soyomukti N (2016) Pengantar Ilmu Komunikasi. Ar-ruz MediaGoogle Scholar
- 29.Thoha M (2015) Perilaku Organisasi: Konsep Dasar dan Aplikasinya, 1st edn. Raja Grafindo PersadaGoogle Scholar
- 30.Tipili LG, Ojeba PO, Ilyasu MS (2014) Evaluating the effects of communication in construction project delivery in Nigeria. Global J Environ Sci Technol 2:48–54Google Scholar
- 31.Winardi (2015) Manajemen Perilaku Organisasi, Prenadamedia GrupGoogle Scholar
- 32.Wright HM, Thomson DS, Austin SA (2003) Matching values and value in construction design. In: Proceedings of the 3rd conference of the environmental psychology in the UK network. Robert Gordon University, Loughborough, pp 42–51Google Scholar