The Formation of the Dish System of the Space Radio Telescope Antenna
Problem statement: The formation of the dish system of the radio telescope antenna in the near-earth orbit can significantly improve its main characteristic, namely, the value of the aperture surface utilization factor (SUF). In this case, practically excluded its dependence on deformations of weight and wind effects. Purpose: Solving the problem of increasing the aperture efficiency (AE) of the space radio telescope by controlling the position of the reflecting shields of the dish system and the radiation receiver. Results: The method of formation in orbit with the satellites of the earth the dish system of the space telescope. The method of its adjustment and focusing with the help of controlled elements based on SEMS modules is developed. Practical significance: The automatic control system (ACS) is described, which allows forming, adjusting and focusing the dish system of the antenna of the space radio telescope. The ACS provides an increase AE of a space radio telescope with a significant variation in the operating frequency ranges of the received radiation and in the absence of the influence of the Earth’s astronomical climate.
KeywordsSpace radio telescope Sub dish The utilization factor of the surface of reflecting shields Control elements SEMS Alignment Focus adjustment Automatic control system
This work was financially supported by Russian Foundation for Basic Research Grants 16-29-04424, 18-01-00076 and 19-08-00079.
- 1.Esepkina, N.A., Korol’kov, D.V., Parijskij, Y.N.: Radioteleskopy i radiometry (Radio telescopes and radiometers), 416 pp. Nauka Publication, Moscow (1973) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Gorodetskiy, A.E., Tarasova, I.L.: Detection and identification of dangerous space objects using adaptive matrix radio receivers. Informatsionno-upravliaiushchie sistemy 5, 18–23 (2014) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Gorodetsky, A.E., Kurbanov, V.G., Tarasova, I.L., Agapov, V.A.: Problems of efficiency matrix receivers for radio images in astronomy. Radiotekhnika 1, 88–96 (2015) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Artemenko, Y.N., Gorodetsky, A.E., Dubarenco, V.V., Kuchmin, A.Y., Tarasova, I.L.: Problems of creation of high-precision large millimeter-range radio telescopes. In: Proceedings of the Russian National Radio Astronomy Conference (WRC-2014) “Radio Telescopes, Instruments and Techniques of Radio Astronomy,” PRAO ASC LPIA.E., Pushchino, 22–26 Sept 2014 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.Razdorkin, D.Y., Romanenko, M.V.: The optimization algorithm of a two-dish antenna with dish of parabolic shields. Zhurnal radioelektroniki 4 (2000) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Gorodetsky, A.E., et al.: Sistema avtomaticheskogo navedeniya radioteleskopa (Automatic guidance system of the radio telescope). Patent USSR, no. 2319171 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Dubarenco, V.V., et al.: Sposob adaptacii otrazhayushchih poverhnostej antenny (Method of adaptation of the reflecting surfaces of the antenna). Patent USSR, no. 2518398 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Gorodetsky, A.E., Dubarenco, V.V., Kuchmin, A.Y., Agapov, V.A.: Control systems RT-70 of the sub dish (SUFFA) using parallel computing and measuring mechanical structures. In: Proceedings of the Russian National Radio Astronomy Conference (WRC-2014) “Radio Telescopes, Instruments and Techniques of Radio Astronomy,” PRAO ASC LPI., Pushchino, 22–26 Sept 2014 (in Russia)Google Scholar
- 9.Gorodetskiy, A.E. (RU), Kurbanov, V.G. (RU), Tarasova, I.L. (RU): Method of formation of reflecting mirror surfaces of space radio telescope antenna. Patent RU, no. 2694813 (2019)Google Scholar
- 12.Artemenko, Y.N., Gorodetsky, A.E., Doroshenko, M.S., Konovalov, A.S., Kuchmin, A.Y., Tarasova, I.L.: Problems of the choice of electric drives of space radio-telescope system dish system. Mehatronica, Avtomatizacia, Upravlenie 1, 26–31 (2012) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.Artemenko, Y.N. (RU), Gorodetsky, A.E. (RU), Dubarenko, V.V. (RU), Kuchmin, A.J. (RU), Agapov, V.A. (RU): Analysis of the dynamics of actuators automatic control systems of space radio telescope subdish. Informatsionno-upravliaiushchie sistemy 6, 2–5 (2011) (in Russian)Google Scholar