Current Trends in Radiology
- 137 Downloads
Radiology is becoming more technologically sophisticated, in conjunction with changes taking place in healthcare policies. Of particular importance are regulatory changes requiring greater electronic reporting, as well as a shift to “value-based” care from fee-for-service, which demands greater efficiency and efficacy in radiographic results. Many of these changes expand the scope of imaging informatics beyond radiology to other imaging services. We will discuss key trends that will shape radiology technology for the twenty-first century, and why they are important.
KeywordsRadiology nursing Artificial intelligence Computerized physician order entry Electronic health record and enterprise imaging
- 1.Gartner Methodologies, Gartner Hype Cycle. Available at https://www.gartner.com/en/research/methodologies/gartner-hype-cycle.
- 2.Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2018, Mike Walker, 6 Aug 2018.Google Scholar
- 3.Machine learning and artificial intelligence in radiology: a “gentle” introduction. Available at https://siim.org/page/19w_ml_ai_introduction?&hhsearchterms=%22webinar+and+february+and+2019%22.
- 4.Health Information Technology Archive. Computerized provider order entry. Available at https://healthit.ahrq.gov/key-topics/computerized-provider-order-entry.
- 5.Health IT.gov. Clinical decision support. Available at https://www.healthit.gov/topic/safety/clinical-decision-support.
- 6.CareSelect®. Available at http://nationaldecisionsupport.com/.
- 7.Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. Clinical decision support. Available at https://icsi.org/_asset/0g594t/htdi-Decision-Support-Overview.pdf.
- 8.United States Department of Health and Human Services summary of the HIPPA privacy rule. Available at www.HHS.gov.