A Novel Time Series Forecasting Method Based on Fuzzy Visibility Graph
Aiming at the defect of visibility graph, this paper first proposes the definition of fuzzy visibility graph, then gives a new similarity measure of time series induced from the similarity of fuzzy visibility graphs. Based on the proposed definition and similarity measure, a novel time series forecasting method is established. To demonstrate the performance of the proposed method, experiments are carried out on Alabama enrollment, stock price index and Shanghai Pudong Development Bank’s closing price. The results show that the proposed method improves the accuracy of prediction.
KeywordsForecasting Time series Visibility graph Fuzzy visibility graph
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 11571001, No. 11701338).
- 3.Brown, R.G.: Exponential Smoothing for Predicting Demand. Operations Research, vol. 5, p. 145. Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Linthicum (1957)Google Scholar
- 4.Box, G., Jenjins, G.: Time Series Analysis, Forecasting and Control. Holden-Day (1970)Google Scholar
- 5.Brown, R.G.: Statistical forecasting for inventory control. J. Roy. Stat. Soc. 123(3) (1959)Google Scholar
- 15.Wang, M., Vilela, A.L., Tian, L., et al.: A new time series prediction method based on complex network theory. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, pp. 4170–4175. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 19.Zhou, T.T., Jin, N.D., Gao, Z.K., Luo, Y.B.: Limited penetrable visibility graph for establishing complex network from time series. Acta Phys. Sin. 61(3), 030506 (2012)Google Scholar