New York City Department of Environmental Protection Developing the Circular Water Economy
New York City Department of Environmental Protection has implemented a range of technology policies to facilitate the development of the circular water economy that not only mitigates greenhouse gas emissions but also enhances resilience to climate change.
KeywordsWater conservation Water efficiency Water reuse Water recycling Resource recovery Renewable energy
- New York Water. “Closing the Loop: When Wastewater Treatment Becomes Resource Recovery.” https://medium.com/nycwater/closing-the-loop-when-wastewater-treatment-becomes-resource-recovery-8266d1d576cc.
- NYC DEP. “About Automated Meter Reading (Amr).” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/customer_services/amr_about.shtml.
- ———. “About the Nyc Dep Rain Barrel Program.” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/stormwater/rainbarrel.shtml.
- ———. “Department of Environmental Protection Invests $30 Million to Significantly Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions from the Port Richmond Wastewater Treatment Plant.” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/press_releases/15-085pr.shtml#.XGEfFVwzY2x.
- ———. “Leak Notification—Sign up Today.” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/water_and_sewer_bills/leak_notification.shtml.
- ———. “Multi-Family Conservation Program (Mcp) Frequently Asked Questions.” (2018). http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/pdf/mcpfaq.pdf.
- ———. “Municipal Water Efficiency Program.” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/ways_to_save_water/municipal-water-efficiency.shtml.
- ———. “New York City Water Challenge to Universities.” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/ways_to_save_water/nyc-water-challenge.shtml.
- ———. “On-Site Water Reuse Grant Program.” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/ways_to_save_water/on-site-water-reuse-grant-program.shtml.
- ———. “Toilet Replacement Program.” https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/ways_to_save_water/residential-water-efficiency.shtml.
- States at Risk. “New York.” http://statesatrisk.org/new-york/all.
- The City of New York. “One New York: The Plan for a Strong and Just City.” (2015). https://onenyc.cityofnewyork.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/OneNYC-1.pdf.