Securing Combined Fog-to-Cloud Systems: Challenges and Directions
Nowadays, fog computing is emerged for providing computational power closer to the users. Fog computing brings real-time processing, low-latency, geo-distributed, etc. Although, fog computing do not come to compete cloud computing, it comes to collaborate. Recently, Fog-To-Cloud (F2C) continuum system is introduced to provide hierarchical computing system and facilitates fog-cloud collaboration. This F2C continuum system might encounter security issues and challenges due to their hierarchical and distributed nature. In this paper, we analyze attacks in different layer of F2C system and identify most potential security requirements and challenges for the F2C continuum system. Finally, we introduce the most remarkable efforts and trends for bringing secure F2C system.
KeywordsSecurity Fog-to-cloud computing
This work is supported by the H2020 projects mF2C (730929). It is also supported by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness and the European Regional Development Fund both under contract RTI2018-094532-B-100.
- 6.Gupta, H., et al.: SDFog: A Software Defined Computing Architecture for QoS Aware Service Orchestration over Edge Devices. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.01190.pdf. Accessed Sept 2018
- 8.The OpenFog Consortium. https://www.openfogconsortium.org. Accessed Apr 2018
- 9.mF2C project. http://www.mf2c-project.eu. Accessed Apr 2018
- 11.Irwan, S.: Redesigning security for fog computing with blockchain. https://www.openfogconsortium.org/redesigning-security-for-fog-computing-with-blockchain/. Accessed Nov 2018
- 13.Martin, B.A., et al.: OpenFog security requirements and approaches. In: Fog World Congress (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Gomez, A., et al.: A resource identity management strategy for combined fog-to-cloud systems. In: IoT-SoS (2018)Google Scholar
- 16.Kahvazadeh, S., et al.: Securing combined fog-to-cloud system through SDN approach. In: Crosscloud (2017)Google Scholar