A Probability Transition Matrix-Based Recommendation Algorithm for Bipartite Networks
By analyzing the searching and recommendation system in the electronic commerce field, this paper provides a retrieval sorting and recommendation algorithm for e-commerce service. An information transmission matrix is constructed based on the ‘customer-product’ bipartite networks, and the rankings of customers and products can be obtained by analyzing the network structures. Then we propose a community detection algorithm for bipartite networks, by employing the information transmission matrix. Finally, the recommendation scheme based on both customers and products is obtained. It makes recommendation results more comprehensive and reasonable, which satisfies the various requirements of the customers.
KeywordsBipartite networks Sorting Recommendation Probability transition
This work is partially supported by Liaoning Natural Science Foundation under Grant No. 20170540320, the Doctoral Scientific Research Foundation of Liaoning Province under Grant No. 20170520358, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under Grant No. N161702001, No. N172410005-2.
- 1.Ye, Q.: URL Rule Based Focused Crawl and its Application. Zhengjiang University (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Page, L., Brin, S., et al.: The PageRank citation ranking: bringing order to the web. In: Stanford InfoLab, pp. 1–14 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Huang, D., Qi, H.: PageRank algorithm research. Comput. Eng. 32(4), 145–146 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ching, W.-K., Huang, X., Ng, M.K., Siu, T.-K.: Markov Chains Models, Algorithms and Applications. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Newman, M.E.J.: Fast algorithm for detecting community structure in networks. Phys. Rev. E Stat. Nonlinear Soft Matter Phys. 69(6 Pt 2), 066133 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, X., Yan, D.: Analysis and research on method of data dimensionality reduction. Appl. Res. Comput. 26(8), 2832–2835 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Yao, F., Chen, L.: Similarity propagation based link prediction in bipartite networks. Comput. Sci. 43(4), 86–91 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, B.L., Chen, L., Zou, S.R., et al.: Detecting community structure in bipartite networks based on matrix factorisation. Comput. Sci. 6(6), 599–607 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Chairman-Karloff, H.: Proceedings of the Ninth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (1998)Google Scholar