Energy Usage and Stability Analysis of Industrial Feeder with ETAP
As a growing technology the energy demand is also increasing day by day. To meet the total demand of consumers and to equalize demand with generation several methods carried out under energy conservation and one of the most popular and effective method is Energy auditing. With this scenario, the audit team conducted a preliminary audit on the industrial loads with 27 industries in a single feeder. A preliminary audit conducted and collected data through all the possible ways. Then detailed analysis completed through ETAP software of all the collected data and suggested recommendations based on the observed data to the consumers. These recommendations implemented and tested the stability analysis of the system with ETAP software and concluded with the reduction of energy consumption from various industries.
KeywordsEnergy audit ETAP Feeder
The authors expressed their valuable gratitude to Er. A.C.S. Arun Kumar, President of Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Who provide constant Institutional support to the MGR Vision 10 MW initiative. We convey our special thanks to Principal, HOD and Faculty Mentors of RMK Engineering College who supported for the project. We also thank to the mentors, who provided technical support for the project from the Energy Efficiency Research Group (GREEN9).
The authors declare that ethical approval for data is not needed for this project. The data’s were collected from the s6 private industry with their approval.
- 1.Arya, J.A., Arunachalam, P., Bhuvaneswari, N., Ramesh, L., Ganesan, V., Egbert, H.: Energy usage analysis of industries with ETAP a Case Study. In: 2017 International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Patravale, P.N., Tardekar, S.S., Dhole, N.Y., Morbale, S.S., Datar, R.G.: Industrial energy audit. Int. Res. J. Eng. Technol. 5(1), 2021–2025 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Saini, M.K., Chatterji, S., Mathew, L.: Energy audit of an industry. Int. J. Sci. Technol. Res. 3(12), 140–146 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Dongellini, M., Marinosci, C., Morini, G.L.: Energy audit of an industrial site: a case study. In: Department of Industrial Engineering and Interdepartmental Centre For Industrial Research on Buildings and Construction Technologies (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Sujan, K., kumari, K.: Restructuring of distribution transformer feeder with micro grid through efficient energy audit. In: Green Computing Conference (IGCC) (2016–2017)Google Scholar
- 8.kumar, A., Thanigivelu, M., Yogaraj, R., Ramesh, L.: The impact of ETAP in residential house electrical energy audit. In: Elsevier Proceeding of International Conference on Smart Grid Technologies, August 2015Google Scholar
- 9.Narayanan, R., Kumar, A., Mahto, C., Ramesh, L.: Illumination level study and energy assessment analysis at university office. In: Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Applications, pp. 399–412 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Arya, A., Jyoti, et al.: Review on industrial audit and energy saving recommendation in aluminium industry. In: 2016 International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies (2016)Google Scholar