Realization of FPGA Architecture for Angle of Arrival Using MUSIC Algorithm
In many digital signal processing applications antenna arrays are used due to their ability to locate signal sources. Array signal processing has a major key for Angle of Arrival (AOA) estimation. Although various algorithms have been developed for AOA estimation, MUSIC algorithm has higher resolution than the other algorithms which has high complexity prevents their use in real-time application. Using an eigen space method, autocorrelation matrix and the frequency content of a signal are estimated using MUSIC algorithm. The whole framework for AOA estimation has been simulated using Modelism.
KeywordsAOA Antenna array MUSIC Steering matrix
The authors would like to thank Department of ECE, Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi for permitting to carry out this work.
- 1.Boccuzzi, J.: Signal Processing for Wireless Communications. McGraw-Hill, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Richards, M.A.: Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing. McGraw-Hill, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Katkovnik, V., Lee, M.-S., Kim, Y.-H.: High-resolution signal processing for a switch antenna array FMCW radar with a single channel receiver. In: Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop Proceedings (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Elhefnawy, M., Ismail, W.: New technique to find the angle of arrival. In: Japan Egypt Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Badawy, A., Khattab, T., Trinchero, D., ElFouly, T., Mohamed, A.: A simple angle of arrival estimation system. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, M., Lu, Y.: Angle-of-arrival estimation for localization and communication in wireless networks. In: 16th European Signal Processing Conference (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Dhar, A., Senapati, A., Sekhar Roy, J.: Direction of arrival estimation in smart antenna using MUSIC and improved MUSIC algorithm at noisy environment. Int. J. Microw. Appl. 5(2), 1–6 (2016)Google Scholar