Scientific Discussions of FES Russia on Digitalization of Economy of the 21st Century
The world economic science in the 21st century faced a digital challenge. Unfortunately, it was not ready to accept it.
Scientific circles are actively searching for answers to numerous questions of development of modern and future digital economy. A lot of opinions presented. But, as we know, truth is born in discussions.
Purpose of the work: analyze important aspects of scientific discussions of scientists and practitioners of FES Russia on problems of digitalization of the economy, which are still being conducted at the most primary level. Scientists are trying to reach consensus on at least the basic concepts of the digital economy, starting with the identification of it.
The methodology for studying a content of discussions consists of: development of conceptual apparatus, method of interviewing and opinions of experts, statistical (quantitative) methods, methods of forecasting, estimation methods of state policy in the field of digital economy.
The results of the study: revealed common points of ground on the conceptual apparatus, generalized trends of digitalization, revealed the remaining differences. Found that the government is a powerful driver of digitalization.
Recommendations: give the status of a separate National project to a set of measures for the digitalization of the economy, Russian own technologies. Defense industry is a multiplier of digitalization of the national economy and also the attraction of mass investment in specific projects, as well as training of highly professional specialists.
KeywordsEconomy Digital economy Digitalization E-government New industrialization Government technology policy
JEL CodeO14 O33 O38
- Alferov, Zh.I.: About the digital economy. From the conversation with G.G. Malinetsky. https://regnum.ru/2388789.html
- Bodrunov, S.D.: Questions for discussion. Conversations about the economy. Scientific-Popular Edition. FES Russia, pp. 241–242 (2017a)Google Scholar
- Bodrunov, S.D.: Digital Evolution Rating. Conversations about the economy. Scientific-Popular Edition. FES Russia, p. 227 (2017b)Google Scholar
- Bodrunov, S.D.: Interview of the Rossiyskaya Gazeta. Rossiyskaya Gazeta, no. 72(7830) from 02 April 2019 (2017c)Google Scholar
- Free economy. Editorial topic of the issue. “Digitalization of the whole country”, Free economy, no. 3, p. 17 (2017)Google Scholar
- FES of Russia. Information-presentation material, p. 2 (2018)Google Scholar
- Greenberg, R.S.: The volume of the digital economy in GDP. Conversations about the economy. Scientific-Popular Edition. FES Russia, p. 246 (2017)Google Scholar
- Garina, E.P., Kuznetsova, S.N., Garin, A.P., Romanovskaya, E.V., Andryashina, N.S., Suchodoeva, L.F.: Increasing productivity of complex product of mechanic engineering using modern quality management methods. Acad. Strateg. Manage. J. 16(4), 8 p. (2017)Google Scholar
- Kalashnikov, S.V.: To realize that the world is different. Conversations about the economy. Scientific-Popular Edition. FES Russia, pp. 243–244 (2017)Google Scholar
- Karlik, A.E.: Digitalization as a push. Conversations about the economy. Scientific-Popular Edition. FES Russia, pp. 222–223 (2017)Google Scholar
- Kasperskaya, N.: Trends of digital economy (2017). https://ruscoins.info/fag/cifrovaya-tcjnomika-v-rossii
- Meshcheryakov, R.: What is the digital economy? (2017). https://ruscoins.info/fag/cifrovaya-tcjnomika-v-rossii
- Program “Digital Economy of the Russian Federation”. http://static.government.ru/media/files/9gFM4FHj4PsB79I5v7yLVuPgu4bvR7M0.pdf
- Sorokin, D.E.: Every vegetable has its own time. Conversations about the economy. Scientific-Popular Edition. FES Russia, pp. 251–252 (2017)Google Scholar
- Sui, U.: + Intelligence: motor of digitalization of the industry. Associated effect of digitalization. Report of HUAWEI and OXFORD ECONOMICS, p. 2 (2017)Google Scholar