Technology of Secure Remote Voting via the Internet
In this article described the technology of remote voting using biometric authentication methods, protected from unauthorized interception of personal data of voters and forgery results, which allows quickly and with minimal cost of material resources to conduct public opinion polls among different groups of the population of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and also conduct elections and referendums at levels from enterprises and regions to country as a whole.
When conducting research methods of system analysis, construction of computer networks, modern theory of information security, neural networks, biometrics, and cryptography were used. Application of these research methods will allow solving the main scientific and practical tasks of the project, to obtain new theoretically right results. The explanation in favor of the chosen research methods is generally accepted world practice of using them to solve scientific and technical problems and authors’ experience in using these methods.
Implementation of remote voting systems, based on introduction of the original concept of security core, allows for comprehensive remote mass control of all procedures at all stages by any interested persons to guarantee the protection of results. Introduction of results will allow a widespread use of remote voting systems, which significantly save material costs for voting procedures, and speed up procedures. Also, they are convenient to participants and generate confidence in results of their implementation.
Authors of this article describe the technology of remote voting using biometric authentication methods, protected from unauthorized interception of personal data of voters and forgery results of expression of will, which allows to quickly and with minimal cost of material resources to conduct public opinion polls among different groups of the population of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and also conduct elections and referendums at any levels from enterprises and regions to the country as a whole.
Authors of this article believe that creation of remote voting technology using biometric authentication methods, protected from unauthorized interception of personal data of voters and falsification of the results of the will, allows to conduct polls of public opinion among different groups of the population of the Republic of Kazakhstan quickly and with minimal cost of material resources, and also conduct elections and referendums at any level from enterprises and regions to the country as a whole. Such systems significantly save material costs of voting procedures, speed up implementation of these procedures, are convenient to the participants and generate confidence in final results.
KeywordsInformation security Risk analysis Informatization of education Computer networks
- Jefferson, D.: If I Can Shop and Bank Online, Why Can’t I Vote Online? https://www.verifiedvoting.org/resources/internet-voting/vote-online
- Sokov, B.B.: Development and analysis of methods of multifactor authentication using biometric characteristics of a person. Scientific community of students of the XXI century. Technical science: Collection of articles on materials. LX International student scientist - practical conference No. 12 (59). https://sibac.info/archive/technic/12(59).pdf
- Lessons from the EVOTE 2014 InternationConferens http://e-lected.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2015-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=50
- Schneier, B.: What’s Wrong With Electronic Voting Machines? https://www.schneier.com/essays/archives/2004/11/whats_wrong_with_ele.html
- Vishnyakov, V.M.: Open system secret voting. In: Vishnyakov, V.M., Prigara, M.P., Voronin, O.V. (eds.) Management of warehousing systems. Collection of science articles, Vip. 20, pp. 110–115 (2014). http://urss.knuba.edu.ua/files/zbirnyk-20/22.pdf
- Dodis, Y., Reyzin, L., Smith, A.: Fuzzy Extractors: How to Generate Strong Keys from Biometrics and Other Noisy, Data 13 April 2004Google Scholar
- Verbitskiy, E., Tuyls, P., Denteneer, D., Linnartz, J.-P.: Reliable Biometric Authentication with Privacy Protection. In: Proceedings of 24th Benelux Symposium on Information Theory (2003)Google Scholar
- Cavoukian, A., Stoianov, A.: Biometric Encryption: A Positive-Sum Technology that Achieves Strong Authentication, Security AND Privacy, March (2007). http://www.ipc.on.ca
- Bragina, E.K., Sokolov, S.S: Modern methods of biometric authentication: review, analysis and definition of development prospects. Bulletin of ASTU. 2016 No. 1 (61). https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/sovremennye-metody-biometricheskoy-autentifikatsii-obzor-analiz-i-opredelenie-perspektiv-razvitiya
- Kuznetsov, V.P., Garina, E.P., Andryashina, N.S., Romanovskaya, E.V.: Models of Modern Information Economy Conceptual Contradictions and Practical Examples, p. 361. Emerald Publishing Limited, Bingley (2018)Google Scholar
- Kuznetsov, V., Kornilov, D., Kolmykova, T., Garina, E., Garin, A.: A creative model of modern company management on the basis of semantic technologies. Communications in Computer and Information Science (2017)Google Scholar