Increase the Success Rate of the Molds Due to the Measurement Mistakes in AKPA Aluminum
The aim of the project was to increase the success rate of molds due to the measurement mistakes in AKPA Aluminum. Several problems of defects were identified by using 5S and six sigma methods and Pareto analysis, the quality function deployment (QFD ANALYSIS) with the help of Ishikawa Diagram. The project duration included the progress in four quarter periods using Tricolor that helped to collect all the data from the production line. Along with the data collection, they were analyzed for potential improvements. In addition, the results were provided on the tables with the grouping of the failure fields. Finally, the defects and reasons of the defective molds were analyzed and optimized using same methods.
Keywords5S Six sigma Ishikawa methods Pareto analysis Quality function deployment Tricolor
- 1.Basic Tools for Process Improvement, 3 May 1995. Balanced Scorecard Institute. http://www.balancedscorecard.org/Portals/0/PDF/c-ediag.pdf. Accessed 20 Dec 2009
- 2.Ciocoiu, C.N.: Managementul riscului. Teorii, practici, metodologii. ASE, Bucharest (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Falkowski, P., Kitowski, P.: The 5S methodology as a tool for improving organization of production. PhD Interdiscip. J. 4(1), 127–133 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Ilie, G., Ciocoiu, C.N.: Application of fishbone diagram to determine the risk of an event with multiple causes. Manag. Res. Pract. 2(1), 1–20 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Summers, D.C.: Six Sigma: Basic Tools and Techniques. Pearson/Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle Rive (2007)Google Scholar