Effect of the Voxel Size on the Final Scan Accuracy in Computed Tomography
Production of different kind of parts has increasing character. They are different according to materials, shapes, production technology and accuracy. Possibilities of their quality and accuracy control have to taken into consideration. In addition to optical (non – contact method) and contact (CMM) methods there are applied progressive technologies which bring new opportunities into the metrology processes. One of them is application of X - ray beam in measurement process. Computed tomography finds application in the field of different parts quality evaluation. This new method has many unexamined areas which are necessary to research. One of them is effect of voxel size on quality and accuracy of achieved model.
KeywordsMeasurement Computed tomography X – ray Voxel Models accuracy
This work was supported by the Slovak Research and Development Agency under the Contract no. APVV-18-0418.
- 3.Reimers, P., Goebbels, J.: New possibilities of non-destructive evaluation by X-ray computed tomography. Mater. Eval. 41, 732–737 (1983)Google Scholar
- 4.Werth Messtechnik (2011). www.werth.de/de/unser-angebot/
- 5.Mitchell, K.W.: A generalized approach to wall thickness measurements in CT images. In: Topical Proceedings of Industrial Computerized Tomography, pp. 120–124. ASNT (1989). ISBN 0–931403-89-8Google Scholar
- 6.GE/phoenix Prufbericht, 3D Prazisionsprufung CT, Prufbericht zur Bestimmung der Messgenauigkeit von CT-Systemen, pp. 1–8 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Kato, A., Ohno, N.: Construction of three-dimensional tooth model by micro-computed tomography and application for data sharing (2009). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18386082
- 10.ZEISS 2015 METROTOM 1500: Návod k obsluze. ISBN 61212-7090112Google Scholar