Aspects of Monitoring of Machining in the Context of Industry 4.0
The paper analyses the concept of a series of operations on data obtained from monitoring and supervising the machining processes in the aspect of the Industry 4.0 idea. The architecture of distracted data processing, i.e. Edge Computing, is compared with the architecture of centralized structure of data processing in the Cloud. An analysis is presented for a stand of physical phenomena monitoring in the cutting zone using vision systems. The analysis results aimed at defining the limitations of data processing systems with different architecture are presented.
KeywordsIndustry 4.0 Edge Computing Monitoring Machining High-speed camera Chip
- 8.Cwikla, G.: Methods of manufacturing data acquisition for production management - a review. In: Modern Technologies in Industrial Engineering, vol. 837, pp. 618–623, March 2014Google Scholar
- 9.Struzikiewicz, G., Zębala, W., Rumian, K.: Application of Taguchi method to optimization of cutting force and temperature during turning of difficult to cut materials. In: Precision Machining VIII Book Series: Key Engineering Materials, Conference Proceedings, vol. 686, pp. 114–118, February 2016Google Scholar
- 13.Zębala, W., Struzikiewicz, G., Franczyk, E.: Monitoring of machining in the context of Industry 4.0 – case study. In: ISPR 2018, Proceedings of the International Symposium for Production Research, pp. 660–673, August 2018Google Scholar
- 14.Boothroyd, G., Knight, W.A.: Fundamentals of Machining and Machine Tools. Marcel Dekker, New York (1989)Google Scholar
- 15.Van Luttervelt, C.A.: Neue entwicklungen in der spanuberwachung. VDI Berichte 988, 431–477 (1993)Google Scholar