Choosing a Voting Procedure for Assessing the Readiness of Technology for Generating Energy
This Chapter presents an illustration of the framework for choosing a voting procedure applied to the context of assessing the Readiness of Technology for Generating Energy. The illustration is based on Morais et al. (Math Probl Eng (Online), 1–11, 2015) and is used in order to prioritize technologies that are critical for power generation in the Energy Sector. This problem was tackled in response to a request from CGEE (Centro de Gestão e Estudos Estratégicos, in English, the Center for Management and Strategic Studies) which is a Center that offers support to decision-making processes related to topics in science, technology and innovation. It does so by undertaking research and conducting strategic assessment studies based on a wide-ranging collaboration with experts and institutions of the Brazilian System of Science, Technology and Innovation with a view to promoting collaboration between the education and business sectors.
- Chen, W., Jin, S., Zhang, M., & Chen, X. (2012). Technology readiness assessment and application in the engineering development phase. In 2012 International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Risk, Maintenance, and Safety Engineering (ICQR2MSE), pp. 1493–1496, June 2012.Google Scholar
- Demirkiran, Z. K. (2012). A systems approach for technology assessment and selection. In 2012 IEEE/AIAA 31st Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Williamsburg, VA, 2012.Google Scholar
- Goetghebeur, M. M., Wagner, M., Khoury, H., Levitt, R. J., Erickson, L. J., & Rindress, D. (2012). Bridging health technology assessment (HTA) and efficient health care decision making with multicriteria decision analysis (MCDA): Applying the EVIDEM framework to medicines appraisal. Medical Decision Making, 32, 376–388.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Melo, F. C. L., Gomes, J. R., Gregori, M. L., & Salgado, M. C. V. (2003). A Tecnologia Crítica na Área Espacial Brasileira. Revista Espaço Brasileiro.Google Scholar
- Veraszto, E. V., da Silva, D., Miranda, N. A., & Simon, F. O. (2008). Tecnologia: buscando uma definição para o conceito. Revista Prisma, Universidade Estadual de São Paulo – UNICAMP, 2008.Google Scholar
- Wei-gang, C., Wo-ye,L., Yan, G., Fei, H. (2013). Approach and application of technology readiness assessment based-on multilevel reference condition. In 2013 International Conference on Management Science & Engineering (20th), July 17–19, 2013 Harbin, P.R.China.Google Scholar