Ideate-Generate: Design Thinking and User Experience (UX) for Sustainable Impact on Global Product Development of Wearable Technologies in the Healthcare Industry
How do companies ideate and generate design thinking through UX for new product development worldwide?
How does the UX data collected from user feedback of users around the world encourage ideas for new product development?
How can companies redesign and redevelop products to meet new user needs, or generate raw ideas for designing new products designed based on UX?
Our research focuses on innovation ideas based on UX in the wearable technologies industry, more specifically those used in and created for the healthcare industry globally.
KeywordsIdeate Generate User experience Raw idea Design thinking Innovation User needs World economies
- Altman, M., Huang, T. T., & Breland, J. Y. (2018). Peer reviewed: Design thinking in health care. Preventing Chronic Disease, 15, 1–13.Google Scholar
- Dam, R., and Siang, T. (2018). Stage 3 in the design thinking process: Ideate. Retrieved May 15, 2019, from https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/article/stage-3-in-the-design-thinking-process-ideate
- Gaskell, A. (2016, November 17). Building A Culture Of Innovation In Healthcare. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/adigaskell/2016/11/08/building-aculture-of-innovation-in-healthcare/#6fb717a944a7
- Kremer, S., Schlimm, A., & Lindemann, U. (2017, July). The ExodUX framework: Supporting comprehensive user experience design. In 2017 Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) (pp. 1–10). IEEE.Google Scholar
- Newcomb, A., & Irondo, J. (2017, June 22). The Nation’s Older Population Is Still Growing, Census Bureau Reports. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2017/cb17-100.html
- Qiu, Y., Li, K. M., Neoh, E. C., Zhang, H., Khaw, X. Y., Fan, X., & Miao, C. (2017, April). Fun-knee: A novel smart knee sleeve for Total-Knee-Replacement rehabilitation with gamification. In IEEE 5th international conference on Serious Games and Applications for Health (SeGAH). IEEE (pp. 1–8).Google Scholar
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. (2019). About arthritis and RA. Retrieved May 15, 2019, from https://globalranetwork.org/project/disease-info/
- Walsh, S. (2017). Press announcements – FDA approves pill with sensor that digitally tracks if patients have ingested their medication. Retrieved May 15, 2019, from https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm584933.htm