Creating Sustainability Business Models in the Digital and Network Economy
One of the overriding strategic goals for companies in the current difficult market is their ability to survive in the long term. Unfortunately, this is not easy. Companies, however, search for such a business model that could ensure survival. Undoubtedly, a sustainable business model can be such a model. This chapter presents the mechanisms for creating sustainable business models. Attention was also paid to its archetypes. The principles of understanding such business models were also described and an attempt at their operationalization was made.
KeywordsSustainability business models Digital economy Network economy
- Choi, H. R., Cho, M. J., Lee, K. B., Hong, S. G., & Woo, C. R. (2014). The Business Model for the Sharing Economy between SMEs. WSEAS Transactions on Business and Economics, 11, 625–634.Google Scholar
- Cohen, B., & Muñoz, P. (2017). Sharing Business Model Compass. Retrieved June 7, 2017, from https://ladiaria.com.uy/articulo/2017/4/un-modelo-para-entender-la-economia-colaborativa/#.
- Elkington, J. (1999). Cannibals with Forks: The Triple Bottom Line of 21st Century Business. Oxford: Capstone.Google Scholar
- Jabłoński, M. (2017). Determinants of Sustainable Business Model of Companies Early Stage of Development. In L. Berger & M. M. Bergman (Eds.), Sustainable Business, Management, and Economics, Frontiers in Sustainability (Vol. 2). MDPI.Google Scholar
- Lüdeke-Freund, F. (2010). Towards a Conceptual Framework of ‘Business Models for Sustainability’. Conference: “Knowledge Collaboration & Learning for Sustainable Innovation”—Conference Proceedings, 14th European Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production (ERSCP) & 6th Environmental Management for Sustainable Universities (EMSU), 25–29 October 2010, Delft, The Netherlands, https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.1.2565.0324.
- Mourougan, S. (2015). Corporate Social Responsibility for Sustainable Business. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 17(5.Ver. I), 94–106.Google Scholar
- Schaltegger, S., Lüdeke-Freund, F., & Hansen, E. G. (2016). Business Models for Sustainability: A Co-evolutionary Analysis of Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Transformation. Organization & Environment, 29. First Published, 25 February.Google Scholar