Efficient Data Transmission in Wireless Sensor Networks
Wireless sensor networks (WSNs) are collection of sensor nodes. The main goal of wireless sensor nodes is to sense the medium and process the data to specified location. WSNs suffer with many technical challenges such as node deployment, battery power, self-configuration, slow convergence, and packets drop during the data transmission. This paper focuses on efficient data transmission, quick convergence and optimizes lifetime of WSNs using hybrid artificial bee colony with salp (HABCS). This paper also generates the different frame formats such as hello message, bond message, route request message, route reply message, and data packets. The proposed approach is implemented using network simulator-2 and it is more energy-efficient than other existing classical and SI protocols.
KeywordsSI ACOPSO Hybrid artificial bee colony with salp
The authors acknowledge I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala for providing research facilities.
- 3.Chandramouli, H., Desai, S.C., Jagadeesh, K.S., Dhruve, K.D.: Enhancing network lifetime in wireless sensor networks adopting elephant swarm optimization. Glob. J. Comput. Sci. Technol.: Netw. Web Secur. 13(4), 0975–4350 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Selvi, M., Nandhini, C., Thangaramya, K., Kulothungan, K., Kannan, A.: HBO based clustering and energy optimized routing algorithm for WSN. In: Eighth International Conference on Advanced Computing (ICoAC), Chennai, pp. 89–92 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Gupta V., Sharma S.K.: Cluster head selection using modified ACO. In: Fourth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving, pp. 11–20. Springer (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Ahmad, T., Haque, M., Khan, A.M.: An energy-efficient cluster head selection using artificial bees colony optimization for wireless sensor networks. In: Advances in Nature-Inspired Computing and Applications, pp. 189–203. Springer (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Rao, P.C.S., Jana, P.K., Banka, H.: A particle swarm optimization based energy efficient cluster head selection algorithm for wireless sensor networks. Wirel. Netw. 23(7) (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Pal, D., Verma, P., Gautam, D., Indait, P.: Improved optimization technique using hybrid ACO-PSO. In: 2nd International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technology, Dehradun, pp. 277–282 (2016)Google Scholar