Structural Reliability of Masonry Arch Bridges Subject to Natural Aging
This paper deals with a simplified full-probabilistic methodology for the safety assessment of existing masonry arch bridges. The proposed framework aims to determine the ultimate load-carrying capacity (Ultimate Limit State) of a bridge subject to environmental deterioration, and to establish the influence on the structural reliability.
KeywordsArch bridges Railway bridges Structural reliability Deterioration process Uncertainty
- 1.UIC - Union internationale des chemins de fer. https://uic.org/track-structure. Accessed 4 June 2019
- 2.Halden, D.: Performance Criteria in Arch Bridge Assessment, Arch bridges. ICE Virtual Library (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Nowak, A.S., Collins, K.R.: Reliability of Structures. CRC Press, New York (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.EN 1991-2 (2003) Eurocode 1: Actions on structures - Part 2: Traffic loads on bridges [Authority: The European Union Per Regulation 305/2011, Directive 98/34/EC, Directive 2004/18/EC], vol. 2, no. 2003 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.LimitState : RING Manual, p. 44 (2016)Google Scholar