A Trial Development of 3D Statues Map with 3D Point Server
I have been developing a data reduction system to 3D computer graphics data by converting from surface data to point data, and downsizing the point data. I have started to publish the system as Web service last year. It provides the data reduction services and the function of publishing the 3D point data in WebGL format. The advantage of the proposing data reduction method is an ability to control the data size regardless of the complexity and the volume of the original data. Using the advantage, it could contribute to make 3D CG sharing system even under an unstable communication line for smartphone. As a use case, I have developed a trial 3D Statues Map by using the Web service. It confirmed that the trial system operates with faster response than the system in AOBA DIGITAL MUSEUM in operation.
This research was supported by KAKENHI 17K00162.
- 1.Levoy, M., Pulli, K., Curless, B., Rusinkiewicz, S., Koller, D., Pereira, L., Ginzton, M., Anderson, S., Davis, J., Ginsberg, J., Shade, J., Fulk, D.: The digital michelangelo project: 3D scanning of large statues. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH 2000, pp. 131–144, July 2000Google Scholar
- 3.Miyachi, H.: Data reduction by points extraction in consideration of viewpoint positions of observer. Trans. VSJ 36(8), 40–45 (2016). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Miyachi, H.: Quality evaluation of 3D image represented by points. In: The 21st International Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics, pp. 686–689 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Miyachi, H.: Quality evaluation of the data reduction method by point rendering. In: Proceeding of The Third International Symposium on Bio Complexity 2018 (ISBC 3rd 2018), pp. 986–990 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Heckbert, P.S., Garland, M.: Survey of polygonal surface simplification algorithms, Technical report CMU-CS, Carnegie Mellon University (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Miyachi, H., Kuroki, I.: Server system of converting from surface model to point model. In: The 13th International Workshop on Network-based Virtual Reality and Tele-existence (INVITE-2018), vol. 22, pp. 467–475 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Naruhodo AOBA2018: Aoba ward office (2018). (in Japanese)Google Scholar