Development of Borehole Imaging Method with Using Visual-SLAM
Borehole imaging is a method to investigate inside vertical bored hole with an optical camera. It is very important for construction and civil engineering that can accurately investigate the inner ground and geology at low cost. Recently borehole imaging method has also become important in terms of natural disaster prevention, such as landslides. However, easily surveyed cameras are difficult to control their position or pose in the hole because they are always rolling and rotating in the ground. In this study, our purpose is to realize a high-precision survey using cameras at low cost. We consider the introduction of visual SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping), which is used for autonomous robot navigation, self-driving car or smart phone augmented reality application. In this paper we discuss about development of borehole imaging method with using visual-SLAM.
- 1.Chite, P.P., Rana, J.G., Bhambare, R.R., More, V.A., Kadu, R.A., Bendre, M.R.: IRIS recognition system using ICA, PCA, Daugman’s rubber sheet model together. Int. J. Comput. Technol. Electron. Eng. 2(1), 16–23 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Rousso, B., Peleg, S., Finci, I., Rav-Acha, A.: Universal mosaicing using pipe projection. In: Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 945–950 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Sebastian, T., Wolfram, B., Dieter, F., Ryuichi, U.: Probablistic Robotics (in Japanese), MyNavi Shuppan, ISBN 978-4839952983, (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Xi-Ning, L., Jin-Song, S., Wu-Yang, Y., Zhen-Ling, L.: Automatic fracture-vug identification and extraction from electric imaging logging data based on path morphology. Pet. Sci. 16, 58–76 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Rommed, A.Q.C., Diego, C.C., Renato, M.S., Evandro, J.R.P., Fabiana, R.L., Esteban, W.G.C.: Improving accuracy of automatic fracture detection in borehole images with deep learning and GPUs. In: 30th International Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images (SIBGRAPI), pp. 345–350 (2017)Google Scholar