David Cesarani and UK Holocaust Memorial Day
This chapter explores the contribution that David Cesarani made to both Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) and Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT). Demonstrating the impact of HMD, we are able to show the far-reaching impact of Cesarani’s contribution as, firstly a founding trustee and secondly as a historical adviser. The chapter also gives some background to the establishment of both HMD and HMDT, in which Cesarani was heavily involved.
HMDT would like to acknowledge Henry Grunwald and Cathy Ashley for their contributions to this chapter and would like to thank all our trustees, past and present for the work that they do. A special acknowledgement must also go to Dawn Waterman and to David, for the never-ending support he provided.
- Allwork, Larissa. Holocaust Remembrance between the National and the Transnational: A Case Study of the Stockholm International Forum and the First Decade of the ITF. London; New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2015.Google Scholar
- Cesarani, David. Final Solution, The Fate of the Jews 1933–1949. London: Pan Macmillan, 2016.Google Scholar
- Eadson, Will, Sarah Pearson, Mike Foden, Elizabeth Sanderson and Nadia Bashir, Holocaust Memorial Day Impact Study Final Report. Sheffield Hallam University: Centre for Regional, Social and Economic Research, 2015.Google Scholar
- Fried, Eva, ed. Beyond the ‘Never Agains.’ Stockholm: Swedish Government, 2005.Google Scholar
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust. “A record 11,000 Activities for Holocaust Memorial Day 2018.” Accessed June 6, 2018. http://www.hmd.org.uk/news/record-11000-activities-holocaust-memorial-day-2018.
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust. “Renie Inow.” Accessed June 6, 2018. https://www.hmd.org.uk/resource/renie-inow/.
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust. “Sedin Mustafić.” Accessed June 6, 2018. https://www.hmd.org.uk/resource/sedin-mustafic/.
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust. “The Stockholm Declaration.” Accessed June 6, 2018. http://www.hmd.org.uk/page/stockholm-declaration.
- International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. “Stockholm Declaration.” Accessed June 6, 2018. https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/stockholm-declaration.
- Jewish Care. Accessed June 6, 2018. https://www.jewishcare.org/.
- Pearce, Andy. Holocaust Consciousness in Contemporary Britain. New York: Routledge, 2014.Google Scholar