While every chapter has a final section evaluating current methods aimed at improving different examples of Educational Trauma, this chapter consolidates even more solutions and strategies into three levels. There are mild strategies that require minimal or no cost, and less effort than the other 2 levels. The moderate strategies increase in demand from the practitioner, however they also influence greater change. And same for the major strategies, which may also include major costs and investments.
- Bloom, P. (2016). Against empathy: The case for rational compassion. New York, NY: Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins.Google Scholar
- Brantmeier, E. J., & Bruhn, C. (2013). Re-Envisioning higher education: Embodied pathways to wisdom and social transformations (J. Lin, Ed.). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.Google Scholar
- Cruz, E. (2019, April 24). HUD proposes to evict citizens and immigrants from public housing if they have undocumented family members. Retrieved June 17, 2019, from http://immigrationimpact.com/2019/04/24/hud-propose-to-evict-citizens-and-immigrants-from-public-housing-if-they-have-undocumented-family-members/#.XQfS0NNKjq0.
- Ergas, O. (2018). Reconstructing ‘education’ through mindful attention. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Ergas, O. (2019, April 16). Mindfulness in and as education: A Map of a developing academic discourse from 2002 to 2017. Academia.Google Scholar
- Fraser, J. (2018). Brain scars: Knowing the real truths about neuroscience, bullying, and abuse in order to protect our students (Unpublished manuscript). Victoria.Google Scholar
- Fraser, J. M. (2015). Teaching bullies: Zero tolerance on the court or in the classroom. Vancouver, BC: Motion Press.Google Scholar
- Gray, L. (2016). Self-compassion for teens: 129 activities & practices to cultivate kindness. Eau Claire, WI: PESI Publishing & Media.Google Scholar
- Gray, L. (2018). LGBTQ+ youth: A guided workbook to support sexual orientation and gender identity. Eau Claire, WI: PESI Publishing & Media.Google Scholar
- Gray, L. J. (2016, July 18). Self-compassion for teens. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/self-compassion-for-teens_us_578d1a3ae4b05e7343a67c7f.
- Green, E. J., & Myrick, A. (Eds.). (2014). Play therapy with vulnerable populations: No child forgotten. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. https://0-ebookcentral-proquest-com.library.alliant.edu.
- Lim, S. C. (2013). Realizing empathy: An inquiry into the meaning of making. Providence: Seung Chan Lim.Google Scholar
- Rogers, C. R. (1995). A way of being. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin.Google Scholar
- Thomas, P. L., Gorlewski, J. A., Carr, P. R., & Porfilio, B. J. (Eds.). (2015). Pedagogies of kindness and respect: On the lives and education of children. New York, NY: Peter Lang.Google Scholar