A Model-Driven Decision Support System for Aid in a Natural Disaster
This article deals with the architecture of a support system for helping decision makers in optimizing aid distribution during natural disaster situations. In such type of events, one of the critical tasks is the transportation of staff, people, food and medicines. Given the complexity of the operations scheduling, the article proposes a model-driven decision support system with an embedded module for solving a vehicle routing problem.
KeywordsNatural disasters logistics Decision support systems Routing
The authors wish to thank the Industrial Engineering Department and DICYT of the U. of Santiago de Chile for their support. Special recognitions to former Col. Mr. Victor Drake of FACH for his cooperation during the scenario reconstruction.
- 1.Hallegatte, S., Przyluski, V.: The economics of natural disasters. CESifo Forum 11(2), 14–24 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Manopiniwes, W., Irohara, T.: A review of relief supply chain optimization. Ind. Eng. Manag. Syst. 13(1), 1–14 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Guha-Sapir, D., Hoyois Ph., Wallemacq P., Below. R.: Annual Disaster Statistical Review 2016: The Numbers and Trends. CRED, Brussels (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Wan, M.: Public health emergencies. J. Pediatr. Child Health 2(3) (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Filip, F., Constantin-Bala, Z., Ciurea, C.: Computer-Supported Collaborative Decision-Making, pp 31–69. Springer (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Power, D.: Supporting Decision-Makers: An Expanded Framework. Informing Science - Challenges to Informing Clients, A Transdisciplinary Approach, June 2001. http://www.dssresources.com
- 13.Cattaruzza, D., Absi N., Feillet D.: Vehicle routing problems with multiple trips. 4OR 3 (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Sepúlveda, J.M., Arriagada, I.A., Derpich, I.S.: A decision support system for distribution of supplies in natural disaster situations. In: IEEE XPlore Digital Library, Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Computers, Communications and Control, Oradea, Romania (2018)Google Scholar