Quality Management Model Focusing on Good Agricultural Practices to Increase Productivity of Pomegranate Producing SMEs in Peru
Peru’s pomegranate productivity is 10.3 tons, which is almost a third of that produced by Turkey (27.5 tons) and almost half of that produced by Spain (20 tons). In this sense, it is necessary that the organizations know the importance of quality management to monitor and maintain product quality. It is important to consider the appropriate methods to adopt and implement quality management so that MSEs may develop a better understanding of how quality management systems should be implemented and the significant, positive impact they generate. This document proposes a model based on quality management and good practices, which frames a series of activities and criteria to provide an objective diagnosis. This model was developed based on information gathered from SMEs in the district of Santiago de Ica.
KeywordsQuality mangement Good agricultural practices Food industry Pomegranate Sme’s, Perú
- 1.Yang, C.-C.: The effectiveness analysis of the practices in five quality management stages for SMEs. Total Qual. Manage. Bus. Excell. (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Osei Mensah, J., Copuroglu, G., Appiah Fening, F.: El estado de la gestión total de la calidad (TQM) en Ghana. Revista internacional de gestión de calidad y fiabilidad (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.FAO: Norma para la Granada. Codex Stan 310–2013 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Bou-Llusar, J.C., Escrig, A.B., Roca, V., Beltrán, I.: An empirical assessment of the EFQM excellence model: evaluation (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Talib, F., Rahman, Z., Qureshi, M.N., Siddiqui, J.: Total quality management and service quality: an exploratory study of management practices and barriers in service industries. Int. J. Serv. Oper. Manage. 10(1), 94–118 (2011)Google Scholar