Bluetooth Tracking Approach for User Assistance Based in Sequential Patterns Analysis
As a civilization, we are drowning in a raging torrent of data, of our own making, that is being harvested by our collective technologies and systems (e.g. Fitbit, phones). However, data itself is of no utility unless it is converted into beneficial knowledge. Design patterns have been shown to be a pragmatic solution to control and manage information flows and provide order and meaning to data within a given context. Assisting users within their daily activities has become a key aspect for modern Artificial Intelligence Systems. Nevertheless, although the GPS technologies work well for outside location, indoor positioning is still problematic, while is a vital awareness component in ambient assistance. This paper shows a preliminary Bluetooth tracking system with a focus on the user’s transition between areas of interest. Our work aims to shed light on how the term design patterns can be applied for studying human behavior patterns in the smart environment.
KeywordsBluetooth Low Energy Design patterns Smart environments Presence detection
- 1.The Free Dictionary: Patterns. http://tinyurl.com/ybwug9lc. Accessed 02 Sept 2018
- 2.Ball, P.: Shapes: Nature’s Patterns: A Tapestry in three Parts. Oxford University Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 6.Velasco, A.A., Mcgrory, J., Berry, D.: Patterns within patterns within the smart living experience, pp. 1–5 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.BBC micro:bit MicroPython Documentation (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Krishnan, R.: Introduction to Raspberry Pi. Control, no. April, p. 2014 (2014)Google Scholar