The MPI Technology
A significant number of modern multiple-processor computer systems belong to the class of multicomputers. This type of system is characterized by distributed memory organization, i.e., an arbitrary processor cannot directly access the address space of another processor. In order to implement interprocessor communication, an approach is currently being adopted which consists in receiving and passing messages between computational nodes via a communication network.
- 46.MPI Forum: home page (2018). http://www.mpi-forum.org/
- 47.MPICH: home page (2018). http://www.mpich.org/
- 51.Open MPI: Open Source High Performance Computing (2018). http://www.open-mpi.org/
- 53.Pacheco, P.S.: An Introduction to Parallel Programming. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2011)Google Scholar
- 58.Quinn, M.J.: Parallel Programming in C with MPI and OpenMP. McGraw-Hill Higher Education, Boston (2004)Google Scholar