A Detailed Design and Construction of a Supercritical Antisolvent Precipitation Equipment
This work consists of the steps for the assembly of a Supercritical Antisolvent Precipitation laboratory equipment and evaluation of the parts acquisition costs. A flow diagram with all components was developed, a complete list of all necessary components was presented, and an estimate of the acquisition of these parts in Brazil was reported. The stages of construction along with the importance of each component in the equipment were discussed. An equipment designs were presented as a result of the current work that serve as a basis for consulting future work on the development of new equipment.
The authors thank the Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES), National Counsel of Technological and Scientific Development (CNPq), the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) and for the financial support. M.A.A. Meireles thanks CNPq for the productivity grant (302423/2015-0).
- 3.Thar, Thar Technologies (2010), http://www.thartech.com. Accessed 16 July 2010
- 4.G.B. Jacobson, R. Shinde, R.L. McCullough, N.J. Cheng, A. Creasman, A. Beyene, R.P. Hickerson, C. Quan, C. Turner, R.L. Kaspar, C.H. Contag, R.N. Zare, Nanoparticle formation of organic compounds with retained biological activity. J. Pharm. Sci. 99(6), 2750–2755 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.22035CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Extratex (2018) Supercritical fluid extract and particle formation system. (Extratex S.A.R.L. 2018), http://www.extratex-sfi.com/equipments/sas-ress-pgss. Accessed 26 June 2018
- 10.Á.L. Santana, J.Q. Albarelli, D.T. Santos, R. Souza, N.T. Machado, M.E. Araújo, M.A.A. Meireles, Kinetic behavior, mathematical modeling, and economic evaluation of extracts obtained by supercritical fluid extraction from defatted assaí waste. Food Bioprod. Process. 107, 25–35 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbp.2017.10.006CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.J.C.F. Johner, T. Hatami, G.L. Zabot, M.A.A. Meireles, Kinetic behavior and economic evaluation of supercritical fluid extraction of oil from pequi (Caryocar brasiliense) for various grinding times and solvent flow rates. J. Supercrit. Fluids 140, 188–195 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.supflu.2018.06.016CrossRefGoogle Scholar