Fields of Application of Artificial Intelligence—Retail, Service and Maintenance Sector
In this chapter you will learn that an AI-related analysis of the entire value chain in the retail sector is worthwhile in order to identify the potential of AI applications. Virtual agents will become helpful partners in stationary retail. We will also analyse how anticipatory shipping, interactive screens and table tops, as well as autonomous shopping cart will change the retail landscape. AI also offers many possibilities to forecast purchasing behavior. The concept of predictive maintenance can be used to develop new business models based on usage rather than ownership. The idea of predictive maintenance can intensify the customer-supplier relationship in the consumer market and can lead to predictive servicing.
- Adamic, L., Burke, M., Herdagdelen, A., & Neumann, D. (2016). Cat People, Dog People. https://research.fb.com/cat-people-dog-people. Accessed April 23, 2019.
- Gläß, R. (2018). Künstliche Intelligenz im Handel 1 – Überblick: Digitale Komplexität managen und Entscheidungen unterstützen, Wiesbaden.Google Scholar
- Hoong, V. (2013). The digital transformation of customer services. https://www2.deloitte.com. Accessed April 23, 2019.
- Kreutzer, R. (2017). Praxisorientiertes Marketing, Grundlagen, Instrumente, Fallbeispiele, 5. Aufl., Wiesbaden.Google Scholar
- McKinsey. (2017a). Artificial Intelligence, The next digital frontier? Brussels, Paris, Shanghai, San Francisco.Google Scholar
- McKinsey. (2017b). Smartening up with Artificial Intelligence (AI)—What’s in it for Germany and its Industrial Sector? Frankfurt.Google Scholar
- McKinsey. (2018). Notes from the AI frontier, Insights from Hundreds of Use Cases, San Francisco.Google Scholar
- Nespresso. (2019). Nespresso. https://www.nespresso.com/de/de/order/machines/prodigio-mch-titan-c70-eu-krups-kaffeemaschine?cid=SEM_B2C_DE-DE_LOC_R_Google_NESPRESSO%7CDE%7CGOOGLE%7CB2C%7CBrand_MachineNames%28E%29%7CDE_Prodigio%7CDE_Prodigio_e&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkOjUqZuS3QIVAeR3Ch1EigdhEAAYASAAEgKArPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLaZ1LCbkt0CFUzhGwodDrwNKQ. Accessed April 23, 2019.
- SO1. (2019). The most advanced AI for retail promotions. https://www.so1.ai/. Accessed May 6, 2019.
- Stenkamp, D. (2018). Früh gewarnt. In DUB Unternehmer Magazin (p. 20f).Google Scholar
- Zalando. (2019). Shopping-App, 2019.Google Scholar